Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Feed tab badge number not clearing

scottpev
Follower
Follower

The feed tab is showing a number as though I still have videos in my feed even though I have deleted them

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is currently testing a fix for this issue. Once We have a date available for when that fix can be deliver I will provide another update here on the community.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update once we have more information available to share.

JamesC

186 REPLIES 186
gIr0d
Tutor
Tutor

@JamesC  why we have nothing reported on the Arlo (status page) when there is clearly an issue with the feeds? I also have opened a personal case, so wondering who is driving this along and is reporting back to us.

Prussian636
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks for the feedback and when will it get fixed?  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Prussian636 wrote:

when will it get fixed?  

Arlo hasn't said.

Whs65
Aspirant
Aspirant

How about correcting the problem on your app that shows you have feeds when you don’t after you delete them. You guys sell enough products to stay in front of the issues on your app please correct as soon as possible.

Zyxxyz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think I’m seeing a good sign this morning, I had 7 new recordings from yesterday and the counter increased to 61. After I deleted those 7 the counter is back to 54 even after I close and reopen the app. It’s still showing 54 and there are no recordings. But at least the counter is now decreasing so probably a fix was put in place and those 54 will be reset later.

gIr0d
Tutor
Tutor

ok lets see, my count is 87, I will monitor this and maybe generate some alerts myself, but still questioning why the status of Arlo is all green when there is clearly an issue with the feed badge notification 😉

Zyxxyz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I agree, we should have been notified if there was a change/migration to the feeds on the Arlo cloud side that impacted all of us.

cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Zyxxyz wrote:

I think I’m seeing a good sign this morning, I had 7 new recordings from yesterday and the counter increased to 61. After I deleted those 7 the counter is back to 54 even after I close and reopen the app. It’s still showing 54 and there are no recordings. But at least the counter is now decreasing so probably a fix was put in place and those 54 will be reset later.

The "new" alerts may be from your cameras? The "stuck" alerts seem to be alerts of mode changes, whether it be due to automation or manual. To test it, change your modes manually, and you will see the counter increase, and those "mode" counts do not decrease, only the camera alerts are removed.

Zyxxyz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Correct, I confirm, it decreases for those recordings from cameras after deletion but it doesn’t decrease for arm mode changes. The bug is still there. I was planning to buy more cameras but I have doubts now with this buggy app…

PUbanks
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue with feed badge count not clearing. Likewise, I have reset, removed and reinstalled; however, to no avail has anything worked. My count is up to 33 now, and as an OCD individual this is driving me crazy 😜. Arlo, please fix this bug. 

jdicamillo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue with me as well. Feed count not resetting after videos deleted from app. 

Roaringpants
Guide
Guide

My badge count is now up to 60

It’s playing havoc with my OCD🤪

Stevenb1291
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi! 
I just added an Arlo Pro 5S 2K to my existing system (2 Arlo Pro 4’s). It asked me to upgrade the Arlo Mobile App. I receive event notifications, clear them and the little red number stays. It won’t go away. I closed and reopened the app and turned my iPhone on and off. Nothing works. It’s driving me crazy, help! 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently testing a fix for this issue. Once We have a date available for when that fix can be deliver I will provide another update here on the community.

JamesC

Jcook6
Aspirant
Aspirant

I hope it is fixed soon.  I have two subscriptions and it happens on both sub feeds.

Rickerk
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I check my recorded feeds, the app says there are 20.

I clear them, leave the app, come back in and it still says I have 20 feed when there are none.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rickerk wrote:

When I check my recorded feeds, the app says there are 20.

I clear them, leave the app, come back in and it still says I have 20 feed when there are none.

It's the badge counter that is wrong.  

That's a known bug, unfortunately Arlo hasn't said when it will be fixed.

LogicalCPA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing has been happening to me for about a month now. When will the software fix be pushed out to users?

Num1waldo
Aspirant
Aspirant

iOS 17.5.1  Arlo 4.16 (7612)

the badge counter remains high not resetting even even all notifications have been cleared. 

Meechmom
Star
Star

My feed tab badges not clearing too for my Essential 2nd Gen camera’s. iPhone 14 and iPad. Been happening consistently for 3 weeks now. I keep seeing Arlo is looking into but nothing resolved as of 7-12-24. 

Meechmom
Star
Star

My feed tab badges not clearing too for my Essential 2nd Gen camera’s. iPhone 14 (iOS 17.5.1) and iPad (Been happening consistently for 3 weeks now. I keep seeing Arlo is looking into but nothing resolved as of 7-12-24. 

edb007187
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same issue it’s frozen at 14 even though the feed has been deleted 

jerryodette
Initiate
Initiate

JamesC  is seems like many of us have been having this issue for weeks. Any estimate when we can expect a fix?

tbisme
Aspirant
Aspirant

I thought mine started with the last iPhone update as well. This is the first time I’ve had this issue and it’s driving me nuts. I’ve tried everything everyone else has except I’ve been paying for Arlo for awhile. So is this only affect iPhone users or are there any android users having the same issues?

@Arlo - this happened back in 2022. What did you do to fix it then and why is it taking so long to fix it now?

Aldo58
Guide
Guide

@tbisme 

It is not only Apple owners who are affected. The same error is present on the Arlo website. 🤷‍♂️