Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Feed tab badge number not clearing

scottpev
Follower
Follower

The feed tab is showing a number as though I still have videos in my feed even though I have deleted them

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is currently testing a fix for this issue. Once We have a date available for when that fix can be deliver I will provide another update here on the community.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update once we have more information available to share.

JamesC

186 REPLIES 186
jerryodette
Initiate
Initiate

I have not had an update on my Iphone in months and this started happening to me about 1 1/2 weeks ago.  When I log on thru my PC to the Arlo website, it happens there also. 

LMarine
Aspirant
Aspirant

I checked and this has been an issue for several years now. It's enough of an annoyance that I am hesitant to subscribe once my trial period ends.

Eric1025
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here, I have 46

devaja
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm up to 85 mode change ghosts now on my feed badge...

Tyknoman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been seeing this for a while as well - iOS v17.5.1 - Arlos Secure App v4.15 (7556) - Tried uninstall and reinstall but feed tab still shows unread events when there are none.

LMarine
Aspirant
Aspirant

That worked for me, as well. Thx

I take that back. The badge numbers came back. Ugh

Chiefmacker
Tutor
Tutor

24 alerts always showing after I reset them and after I restart the app!

tprice96
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any idea what’s going on with this has there been a solution to this problem being fixed? I currently have 15 notifications in my feed but there’s nothing there’s only seems to being doing it when I arm and disarm the system 

edb007187
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine does the same thing and the number goes up every time I change it 

Bbenefield
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone had problems with the app showing notifications, but when you go to clear them out it’s still showing there are more and there’s nothing else to clear out? It keeps adding to these everyday, but there’s nothing there. 

Kel8789
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am unable to clear my notifications in app of motion identified on my various cameras. I have uninstalled the app on my phone and reinstalled. They just keep counting upwards. How do I clear? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kel8789 wrote:

How do I clear? 

It's a bug, so you just have to wait for Arlo to fix it.

Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

So, I was hoping that the Android app released on 11 July would address the issue of the notification number. It does, but only temporarily, as after the initial clear, it comes back... I have no words actually. 

CR41G
Tutor
Tutor

This is not a device-specific issue. Can prove such by using the web portal. My notifications still do not mark as read or clear themselves even on the web portal. Really need this fixed soon, because it makes monitoring cameras extremely troublesome.

Aldo58
Guide
Guide

The error has been fixed. No new feeds are displayed after deletion. (iPad IOS 17.1) ✌️

Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

Well, it hasn't on Android. Although it initially clears, any mode changes reset the counter and it starts from scratch. I'd encourage someone to simply change modes while in the app to confirm.

Aldo58
Guide
Guide

@Edinburgh_lad1 

I changed the modes several times today and then deleted the messages. They will not be displayed again.

Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

Well, something clearly wrong with mine then. Here's the screenshot. As soon as I change modes at the top, the counter appears again, then it clears after leaving the app etc.

Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

1000002616.jpg

Aldo58
Guide
Guide

@Edinburgh_lad1 

Then I hope that the error with Android will also be fixed soon. I can't see the screenshot...

Chiefmacker
Tutor
Tutor

I had 6 new alerts this morning and after I viewed them they disappeared, thank you!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A server side fix was released today that should resolve this issue. It may take some time for all servers/regions to receive the update. Please let us know if you continue experiencing this issue over the next 48 hours.

JamesC

Mustang860
Guide
Guide

Last night I got home from work  went to look at my news feed and it froze for about 20 seconds, but that was a big correction to the news feed apparently... seems back on track with the correct ticket count. Seems to be a maybe 3 weeks worth of videos save that I have already deleted , I wasn't getting emails or else I would reply to this thread sooner, thank you for the update, and keep the software working good.

Frustrate
Tutor
Tutor

Just fixed!!!!

I had 2 status change notifications which when I cleared also cleared the 47 other flags. Yeah!!!!

FLBluePearl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for updating us. I just checked my iPhone and deleted at least forty feed badges, and they did not return! Finally!