Cancelled my subscription.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
SurJones
Star
Star

I spent over $1,400 on my Ultra 4 camera and Base station with SD card set up and even bought the Wired Doorbell.  Like a lot of people Im juggling so many subscriptions and stretched, so I cancelled my subscription after 3 years or using it. I wouldn't say this sysmte has been near what I was expecting for this huge price tag and also cost of the Subscription over 3 years. 300mbps ISP -  Takes Router and Base less 10 ft from door and 1400 sq ft house with Mesh 2 Base Wifi System. Always half bars, by the time I get notifications it's at least 10+ seconds after the person passes the zone. Zones Dont even work...as I get constant notification on the outside of that zone...When I do get a notification, I takes so much times to get it to go live.....that at that point the person walking by or who came to the door is down the street away from the property.  The 4K isn't 4K;  I cant even read a license plate with the door bell infant of the house as someone passes by our is parked...   I dont understand why I have the base station with an SD card if I cant store the files locally - The app wont even show video thumbnails with the notifications... just seems like they are locking you in and forcing you to pay for a Subsription or am I missing something?

3 REPLIES 3
fahadx
Apprentice
Apprentice

You're right, I think everyone agrees with you
We all suffer from all this failure of Arlo
Now we are being denied local storage on our equipment that we paid thousands of dollars to buy

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra-2/VMB5000-no-longer-recording-locally-as-of-last-night/td-p...

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Can’t comment on the latest debacle with missing recordings.

Regards the limitations with direct access for local storage, I imagine that it was haphazardly put out for customers who lived in countries that have no subscription availability.

Arlo’s app platform is centred on using their  cloud for image processing and storage, hence the missing app features. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DannyBearAgain wrote:

Regards the limitations with direct access for local storage, I imagine that it was haphazardly put out for customers who lived in countries that have no subscription availability.

The feature was in response to the flood of complaints in 2018 when Arlo announced they were dropping the free 7-day cloud recording. 

It certainly results in a poor user experience, so IMO a mis-step.  It would have been better if they had just reduced the free 7-day cloud storage to 1-2 days.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation