Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can not add a camera to my ARLO Secure Plus Account

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
rdilauro
Guide
Guide

I recently purchased a ARLO Ultra 2 VMC5040B Hardware H10 from AMAZON.  I installed it on an ARLO Base VMB5000r5 (existing Base, not  in use, then factory reset).

Everything is working fine.   The new camera is included in MY DEVICES.

I noticed that this new camera was identified in a 3-Month trial period.   I then wanted to include it under my device plan.  When I tried this, everything on the Manage Cameras was grayed, so I could not drag it to my existing plan.

So, the question I have , to add it under my current ARLO Secure Plus subscription (unlimited cameras), do I need to CANCEL the TRIAL Subscription first.  then ADD it to my plan?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rdilauro
Guide
Guide

Stephen,

Just to let you know.   I cancelled the 3month trial membership for the new Ultra I purchased and then was able to easily add it to my Arlo Secure Plus plan.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rdilauro
Guide
Guide

I noticed that

Enter your Arlo Smart service code.
The code contains 16 digit numbers and letters in the receipt and your email. If you already have an active Arlo Smart prepaid service, your new service will begin after your current service expires.

Looking at my AMAZON receipt, there was no 16 digit number included.  On the box itself was:
VMC4040B-100NAR,  Serial # A431067SA0121  and
Arlo Ultra - 4K UHD Wire - Add on Camera (renewed)
X0030G3EJ1  and inside
105-50077-03
But nothing else.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rdilauro wrote:

So, the question I have , to add it under my current ARLO Secure Plus subscription (unlimited cameras), do I need to CANCEL the TRIAL Subscription first.  then ADD it to my plan?

Yes.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rdilauro wrote:

I noticed that

Enter your Arlo Smart service code.
The code contains 16 digit numbers and letters in the receipt and your email. If you already have an active Arlo Smart prepaid service, your new service will begin after your current service expires.

Looking at my AMAZON receipt, there was no 16 digit number included.  On the box itself was:
VMC4040B-100NAR,  Serial # A431067SA0121  and
Arlo Ultra - 4K UHD Wire - Add on Camera (renewed)
X0030G3EJ1  and inside
105-50077-03
But nothing else.

I think those codes are only used by specific resellers (no idea which ones).

rdilauro
Guide
Guide

Stephen,

Just to let you know.   I cancelled the 3month trial membership for the new Ultra I purchased and then was able to easily add it to my Arlo Secure Plus plan.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation