Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
motg
Aspirant
Aspirant

when I try to access my arlo app it comes up sayng I've reached my limit on 2 factor logins the reason I tried it so many times is because I would not recieve the text message they were suppose to send so that I could login.

I can go online and access my account and cameras with no problem.

I hope someone can tell me what to do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
motg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well the number is correct and it still doesn't work but I am happy to access the app. I will just keep the verification set to email. Maybe Arlo has a problem with the SMS side of it.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master
motg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Danny for getting back to me. This is exactly what happened to me. The app asked me to logon. I logged on and then it asked for 2fa. I tried the sms and I received nothing. I tried it a few times and got no response. I then tried email. The email would come through with the 6 digit code. When I went to put it in the 2fa it would start over asking to authenticate. So at that point the code was no good. This went on for a few tries going back and forth between the app an email. Finally I got this error and that is where I am stuck. “Unused second factor auths limit reached “. I can reach my account on the laptop and see all my cameras and all my account info. Just nothing on my phone which is very important. I can see everything on my wife’s phone but I don’t have her set as admin. My next step was to use her phone and login as myself and see if I can turn off 2fa then try mine again. Since her phone is a trusted device. I will wait until I hear back from you before I do anything. All I need is the 2fa to be reset on my phone app. Thank for the reply. I hope I explained it properly

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the web client to edit your profile's login settings for 2FA. Use the Edit selection to remove old phones (maybe all of them). Try again.

motg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Guru it is working and I am very happy for that. One last item when I tried to add my phone as a trusted device it would not send me a sms message to verify it. I checked the settings on my phone and there should be no issues.

I don't know if I am missing some setting.
Thank you very much.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Verify that the SMS setting is for the proper number. You could also try defaulting to a different method (email?) and seeing if you could possibly delete the SMS setting - no idea if that's actually possible but worth a try. Either way, then reset to a default setting of SMS.

motg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well the number is correct and it still doesn't work but I am happy to access the app. I will just keep the verification set to email. Maybe Arlo has a problem with the SMS side of it.

Thanks again.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation