Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Gingerbread
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I have a verisure subscription including the Arlo camera and on the 6th of July there was a firmware update and I tried updating the camera and it does nothing it says updating and updating but nothing happens I spoke to verisure they said it could be an arlo issue. Problem is its very irritating and its stopping me from seeing the camera in real time only triggered clips that was recorded. 

If I was arlo I'd making a notice sign saying there's an update but don't block the live camera area for security reasons. 

Is there a way to fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Verisure customers (or those in countries which Arlo has contracts with Verisure) have to rely on Verisure for firmware releases which is why various releases aren't necessarily available in all areas at once. Once Verisure agrees to release the update, then, and only then, can you get the update.

It would seem that you have to continue to work through Verisure to resolve your issue(s).

@JamesC , @ShayneS ?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try reinserting the camera battery to see if that helps. Rebooting the hub may also be useful.

Gingerbread
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I take it your unfamiliar with the verisure arlo cameras?, batteries cannot be removed nor do they have SD cards. They have to be sorted via engineers and arlo, Verisure said it be arlo server end as they have automatic updates from 3am till 6 am which is failing.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Correct but the Ultra cameras do have removable batteries. If these have the anti-theft mounts (https://www.arlo.com/en-us/accessories/VMA5100-10000S.html) they can still be removed but you need what I believe is a 2mm hex wrench (Allen wrench)  to do so.

https://www.arlo.com/en_be/support/faq/000062332/How-do-I-use-my-Arlo-Total-Security-Mount

Gingerbread
Aspirant
Aspirant

Verisure engineers stated that customers cannot remove batteries and its a breach of contact for us against verisure only engineers can. Arlo staff should reply to this for them attempting to update the camera. I feel the way they release updates isn't ideal due to it blocking people viewing camera live. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Verisure customers (or those in countries which Arlo has contracts with Verisure) have to rely on Verisure for firmware releases which is why various releases aren't necessarily available in all areas at once. Once Verisure agrees to release the update, then, and only then, can you get the update.

It would seem that you have to continue to work through Verisure to resolve your issue(s).

@JamesC , @ShayneS ?

Gingerbread
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hiya. I think your right as its now updated its self yesterday it seems and I'm now able to view real time without issue

Thank you

Claire02
Tutor
Tutor

Any idea by when it’ll be for France ?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation