Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo ultra 2 not recording.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
BCQ
Guide
Guide

Hi, 

I have 3 Ultra 2s mounted. One stopped recording 2 weeks ago. I recently changed the battery. And it was working. The camera shows a good charge and connected to the base station. When I hit the play symbol over that cameras picture on the app, it buffers for a minute, then returns to “16 days ago”. I removed the device and re-added it just fine. Once re-added, it was back to “16 days ago again”. I do not see any settings that I am missing. No better luck using my arlo on a desktop, either. 

The other 2 cameras are recording. 

Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BCQ
Guide
Guide

Sorry for the delay.  I do not know why but it is working again. I repeatedly hit the reset/sync button over several days and fully charged the battery overnight. (It had plenty of charge before and was plugged into a solar charger.)

It was working in the morning. 

Thank you for the quick replies. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any chance the trial subscription for that camera has run out or is  there a paid subscription in place?

BCQ
Guide
Guide

Paid subscription. It’s been up for over a year. The other cameras are working. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BCQ wrote:

Paid subscription. It’s been up for over a year. The other cameras are working. 

If you swap the camera with one in another location, does the problem move, or does it stay with the location?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you removed and re-added the camera any rules you may have created in your modes have been removed and must be recreated. The Armed mode will have a basic rule but no other modes will have them. Does the camera have appropriate rules in any modes you use?

BCQ
Guide
Guide

I have not set any specific modes. As far as I can tell with the app, everything is selected on that should be. I have resynced several times. The app picks up the device quickly. But it will not record. I hit the play button, it buffers and says “connecting” then just goes back to the last pic from weeks ago. Camera positioning does the same thing. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BCQ wrote:

I hit the play button, it buffers and says “connecting” then just goes back to the last pic from weeks ago. Camera positioning does the same thing. 

This suggests there might be a problem with the wifi signal reaching the camera.

I suggest moving it to the same room as the base as a test (6-10 feet away), and see if you still get the buffering.

BCQ
Guide
Guide

Sorry for the delay.  I do not know why but it is working again. I repeatedly hit the reset/sync button over several days and fully charged the battery overnight. (It had plenty of charge before and was plugged into a solar charger.)

It was working in the morning. 

Thank you for the quick replies. 

readyp
Tutor
Tutor

I have found that turning the camera off from the app, then back on, otherwise restart the Smart Hub/basestation gets it working again.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation