Arlo ultra 2 camera and base station

Discussion stats
  • 34 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
lvendrame
Tutor
Tutor

We just bought a kit arlo ultra 2 with base station. We where able to connect the station ( the front led is solid blue and i can see the station on my iphone), but a can't connect any of my 3 camera  arlo ultra 2  VMC5040. There is no led blinking, all the battery is full charge, i try so many times to sync the camera, but notting is working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lowrise88
Guide
Guide

Just received the new bundle and same problem.  It's clear that the Ultra 2 bundle w/ 3 camera's and base station sold at Best Buy (Canada) has a defective issue.  I'm returning both units and going with the 2 camera bundle since I know it works.

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lvendrame wrote:

We just bought a kit arlo ultra 2 with base station. We where able to connect the station ( the front led is solid blue and i can see the station on my iphone), but a can't connect any of my 3 camera  arlo ultra 2  VMC5040. 

Try using a PC instead - browse to my.arlo.com

If you hold down the sync button on the camera, you should reset it - which will help with the camera LED.

lvendrame
Tutor
Tutor

I have already try to maintain the sync buttom on the camera and i also try on the web site on my pc to configure the camera without succes.

lvendrame
Tutor
Tutor

I havent Heard any solution since 2 days. I have paid for a camera kit a lot and its not working. Can you help us, or do we have to return all the kit ?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you following the directions the app and web client provide when choosing to add a device? In most cases, that's all you need to do. Sometimes a reset of the camera helps:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

lvendrame
Tutor
Tutor

I cant tell you how may post i read, but the one that you point, i read it and try it.

I try so much ting, like delete the base at least 4 times, try to rest the camera a lot of times.

The main problem, i was never able to connect any of the camera, and i was never able to see any light on the camera.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you charged the camera batteries?

lvendrame
Tutor
Tutor

yes, all of the 4 batteries was fully charged. All the battery on the charger whent green.

lowrise88
Guide
Guide

I'm having the same issue.  I bought a base station/ultra 2 package (two cameras) from best buy for my work/warehouse.  These work fine.  

For my home, I bought a base station/ultra 2 package (three cameras) as well as a floodlight.  I set up the base station and floodlight first without an issue.  However I cannot get the three cameras to work.  All batteries are fully charged but there is no blinking lights whatsoever.  

I noticed the housing is a bit different from the two camera package.  It requires the included security key.  Not sure if that has anything to do with these cameras not working i.e. defective?  

Lastly, trying to call customer support seems futile.  There is no sound or indication if I'm indeed on hold.  Last night I waited 35 minutes and nothing.  Currently at 16 minutes and counting.

lvendrame
Tutor
Tutor

We have order a new kit arlo ultra 2. We are not able to connect the camera, same problem.

I can see a verry, verry light blue light on the rgight side of the camera when i plugged the battery, but unable to connect any of the 3 camera.

I try to connect the camra, with an iphone, and with my arlo.com.

I am able to see the base station on either iphone and on the internet.

Can you help, please.

Chrissholt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would return it

lowrise88
Guide
Guide

Yep that's exactly what I'm doing.  I ended up using the live chat yesterday and after going through all the advised steps it was determined that the camera's are defective and should be returned.  I've reordered the same package and it's arriving shortly.  Hopefully these work.

If I encounter the same problem I think it's safe to assume that this particular package of three Ultra 2 lights + base station has a defective batch issue.  These particular camera's use the security key tool to open the housing, which may be a red flag if anyone else is having the same problem.

I'll let you all know if it ends up working.  If not I'm going to get the 2 camera Ultra 2 bundle instead.  These particular cameras have a button to open the housing (not security key) and were set up at my office in less than 10 minutes.

Chrissholt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah a security key is something you have and nobody else. Like my house key. Not a screw 

lowrise88
Guide
Guide

Yes.  I'm just pointing that out because these particular units may specifically have a quality control issue with the camera.  The other Ultra 2's I bought in the two camera bundle have the regular push button housing.

lowrise88
Guide
Guide

Just received the new bundle and same problem.  It's clear that the Ultra 2 bundle w/ 3 camera's and base station sold at Best Buy (Canada) has a defective issue.  I'm returning both units and going with the 2 camera bundle since I know it works.

lvendrame
Tutor
Tutor

I will return the second kit  i have order.

And you know what, i will never ever bought Arlo products.

lowrise88
Guide
Guide

I wouldn’t go that far. This particular bundle is a “Best Buy Exclusive” so these units in particular are lemons. My floodlight works great and the non Best Buy cameras work really well too. Arlo came recommended from a friend who’s been using their first generation Arlo cameras for years. Good luck. 

User00001
Tutor
Tutor

I have that exact issue as well. Once the batteries are charged I insert them into the three Ultra 2 cameras but there's not light at all on any of the cameras and the base doesn't "see" them. Three hours later with arlo chat and still no solution.

User00001
Tutor
Tutor

I'm in your exact situation. Ultra 2 with three cameras from Best Buy. And on hold with no music or indication that I'm even in the cue...but holding with hope. Currently at 15 minutes...

Chrissholt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I returned everything. Had a problem with a new base station I purchased from Arlo almost 2 weeks ago. Support couldn’t solve. Said they were gonna mail me a new one. I knew they weren’t just had a gut feeling. They said I’d get an email with tracking number for replacement. That was 5 days ago. I’d go with another company that cares more about their customers.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@User00001

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

User00001
Tutor
Tutor

I had the same issue with the Best Buy 3 bundle kit. Then I returned it and tried a second unit of 3 cameras and the same problem. The batteries charge up fine (green light), but then when I pop the batteries into the camera there is no light what so ever. And the online support is really just a waste of time unfortunately.

LookingForCamea
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue, Ultra 2 cameras (set of 3) and not a single camera turns on. No LED at all. Batteries are all fully charged with a green light. Home base station works fine but cameras are duds. Had a set for Christmas that was returned because of this issue and the newest set (picked up late January still broken.

Arlo support is useless as you need an additional subscription to even talk to anyone.

skippy2
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had a lot of trouble syncing my new Ultra 2 cameras to the VMB5000 base station as well.

Finally tracked it down to a WiFi channel conflict.  Since the VMB5000 arbitrarily picks a channel and doesn't allow user modification, I had to change the channel on my WiFi access point.  Pairing worked after I did that.

Davekl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Change the wifi access point on the arlo app?

Discussion stats
  • 34 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation