Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo ultra 2 camera and base station

Discussion stats
  • 34 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
lvendrame
Tutor
Tutor

We just bought a kit arlo ultra 2 with base station. We where able to connect the station ( the front led is solid blue and i can see the station on my iphone), but a can't connect any of my 3 camera  arlo ultra 2  VMC5040. There is no led blinking, all the battery is full charge, i try so many times to sync the camera, but notting is working.

34 REPLIES 34
skippy2
Guide
Guide

There's no setting I can find to change the access point of the VMB5000.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@skippy2 wrote:

There's no setting I can find to change the access point of the VMB5000.

It's a closed system, and Arlo doesn't provide any way to manage the wifi.

Davekl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. So I would have to change the wifi channel on the router. Never had to do this for any other devices. Seems kind of ridiculous. 

skippy2
Guide
Guide

Agree that this is a ridiculous limitation for a WiFi device.

User00001
Tutor
Tutor

I've waiting for three hours (kept phone on while doing other things) and never had any sign of life from the other end of the phone unfortunately.

User00001
Tutor
Tutor

Hey Tutor,

Did you ever find a resolution? 

If so, what exactly did you do? 

thank you!

Cyrus

User00001
Tutor
Tutor

Yes still no resolution! Can Arlo please help me?!

I was online for a while speaking with two different support reps.  The first person hung up. The second "Dan" was much more helpful and said they'd get back to me the next day, but I still haven't heard anything. 

skippy2
Guide
Guide

There is no resolution.  Arlo has totally locked down base station settings so the end user cannot access them.

User00001
Tutor
Tutor

Wow, thanks for your insight.

I had a lengthy discussion (chat) with an Arlo tech, they took the serial numbers of the cameras etc. and told me they'd be in touch shortly, but it's been a week and the only email I received what a survey asking how well they did!

This customer service is terrible. I run a company that does media relations so I might ask a journalist to cover this issue in their Consumer Report file. It's just awful.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @lvendrame 

Can you PM me with the case number from this discussion you had with support and I will escalate to the appropriate team. 

Discussion stats
  • 34 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation