Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Chilin
Aspirant
Aspirant

All my 4 cameras can not be found after the power adapter went dead and replaced by a good one.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Chilin wrote:

The new problem is how do I deal with my wife on  my "not a handy man" and laugh at me for many days. Can you help on this!

Just go with it.  I think she has proven she is the right person to keep your cameras running.  Worth a few laughs. 😀

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Chilin wrote:

All my 4 cameras can not be found after the power adapter went dead and replaced by a good one.

Is the base still on-line?

Chilin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Stephen:

Yes, The base (SmartHub) is still online with solid blue light. I was an telecom engineer before I retired.
When I unplug the RJ45 cable from the base, the base still could not detect any wireless cameras.
When I moved the base and cameras to another room, the base still could not detect any wireless cameras.
After I turned my router off, then turned on, everything is fine now. Thanks!
Now my new problem is one camera with mounting tool that I need to use the pin to push to get camera out of the cover and I heard a click but the camera only came out a bit and it did not  have room for me to to pull the camera out of cover. Please help!

Regards,
Chi
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Chilin wrote:

Now my new problem is one camera with mounting tool that I need to use the pin to push to get camera out of the cover and I heard a click but the camera only came out a bit and it did not  have room for me to to pull the camera out of cover.

I find that pushing the release again sometimes helps (though I don't have any cameras that have the total security mount).  You could also try using a utensil of some kind to try to pry it out (maybe a plastic knife????)

Once you get it out, I suggest applying some silicone grease to the O-ring.

Chilin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Stephen:

Thank you very much. It worked.

However, I have tried 10 times in 2 days and no luck. Before I gave up, I asked my wife to try, just in few seconds, her pin push got the camera came out more as normal. Now the camera issues are all resolved. 

The new problem is how do I deal with my wife on  my "not a handy man" and laugh at me for many days. Can you help on this!

Regards,

Chi

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Chilin wrote:

Just go with it.  I think she has proven she is the right person to keep your cameras running.  Worth a few laughs. 😀

Chilin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Stephen:

Thank you for giving me the strength to deal with the boss in the house.

Regards,

Chi

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation