Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
ska967
Follower
Follower

Arlo battery icon has changed color from fully charged black icon to fully charged red icon.  What does this mean?

Best answers
  • JessicaP
    Arlo Employee Retired This widget could not be displayed.
    ">
    Arlo Employee Retired

We want to let you know the development team heard your feedback about the new changes where the battery icon shows a red icon when the Solar Panel is plugged in and fully charged. They have made some changes where you will see a Solar Icon instead when your Solar Panel is connected to your camera. This update will slowly appear on both the web client on your browser and on the Arlo iOS or Android app.

You can learn more about this here: What do my Arlo camera's battery level icons and notifications mean?

• JessicaP
    Arlo Employee Retired This widget could not be displayed.
    ">
    Arlo Employee Retired

Hi MPIndiana,

You can learn more about the red charging battery icon from this article here: What do my Arlo camera's battery level icons and notifications mean?

60 REPLIES 60
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Bruce77777 wrote:
I put a solar charger on my camera and it says 100 percent but showing a red bolt .

There was a recent change and it will be red since it is not charging since it is at 100%. 

Not a good color for that IMO. 

Mschwbl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a Arlo Go camera and a Arlo Solar panel in CO watching a building project.  When first installed, all was great. When the the sun would rise, the status indicator would show a green charge.  about a month into operation, the status turned red.  The camera continued to operate until it showed a status of OFFLINE.  Unusable!  Upon making it to CO to check on the building process and the camera, all was intact.  Removed the camera and charged with the A/C plug.  Full 100% charge via A/C.  Upon connection with the solar panel, the camera shows a green status for about 1 minute and defaults to a red status on the charge indicator (SLIGHTLY OVERCAST TODAY IN CO).  What no one can tell me is....does the red default to tell me there is a problem with the solar panel output or that the battery is at 100% and doesn't need the trickle charge by the solar panel. (i'm inclined to think there is a problem with the solar panel and or battery accepting a charge (logic)).        ANY THOUGHTS OR SIMILAR SITUATIONS WITH A FIX.  NOT AVAILABLE TO STAY IN CO WHEN I LIVE IN ILLINOIS.  TRIED SUPPORT BUT REALLY GOT NO FIRM ANSWERS.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's been a UI change that now show a red battery with lightning bolt when a solar panel is connected. Green shows when charging below 100% while red shows at night (apparently to show that the panel is connected) as well as during the day when 100%. At least, those are my observations - I haven't seen an official statement.

APS-ETC30
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine shows red battery, when connected to solar panel. It does not charge the Arlo, I am assuming. What does it mean?

thanks 

JimmyDe
Guide
Guide

Hi All

I have a similar problem. The battery icon changes from green to red but is not filled in. Has a light bolt through it. Power is solar. Setting says 100% all the time. Camera does work. Like I dummy I changed battery out and I have same issue. New Battery was fully charged with Arlo charger and light was green.

any suggestions?

Davideng315
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue with my device connected to a solar panel. The battery icon stays red at 100%. The biggest problem is the battery is actually depreciating. I was away for the weekend and my camera was offline. When I got home I found out the battery was actually 0% but on the app it says 100%. Arlo need to come up with a solution to this ASAP. With the solar panel plugged in you cannot tell the actual battery level. I had to get a ladder and unplugged the solar charger for now.
JimmyDe
Guide
Guide

Davideng315

Sounds similar but my charging level never goes below 100%. It use too but never does now. I got

the battery out and it was charged as far as I can tell. I put a new one in but have same problem. The icon is never filled in like my other camera which are plug in. Probably not battery.

Rebtop
Aspirant
Aspirant

ARLO is brain dead, at times. 
They think just because they say it, it is so. 
i, and most on here, have been fighting this battle for TOO long. 

I was admonished for having my camera too high and  needing a ladder to get to it. My fault the camera malfunctioned. I am tired of waiting for this to be addressed. 

I made a mistake and bought my one son an ARLO set. I did not make that mistake again. I took it back and paid for a Ring that he chose instead. I put both up in my back yard, not too high. I am done with them.  Y second son got a Ring set from the beginning. 

Bob

fenton11
Guide
Guide
They should revert back to the old way when at night the battery icon status showed a charged battery as opposed to the red charging icon. Then in the morning when the sun rises the battery icons turn green with the charging icon. Now it constantly shows red charging icon day and night 100% charged which I know is inaccurate.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We want to let you know the development team heard your feedback about the new changes where the battery icon shows a red icon when the Solar Panel is plugged in and fully charged. They have made some changes where you will see a Solar Icon instead when your Solar Panel is connected to your camera. This update will slowly appear on both the web client on your browser and on the Arlo iOS or Android app.

You can learn more about this here: What do my Arlo camera's battery level icons and notifications mean?

JimmyDe
Guide
Guide

All -

My solar charged battery icon on my Arlo Ultra camera recently has been showing empty red icon with a charged lighting bolt through it. In setting on app for this camera shows 100% charged. Camera works day and night just fine as far as I can tell. It's only about two years old. I changed battery out for new one, same results. I also put old battery in my Arlo dual charger and it was green right have I plugged it in. Hence I don't believe it's was battery being bad. This is different than icon being red but full color battery.

Any ideals on problem. Temperature doesn't seem to affect it. All was 100% charged and icon always empty red.

Discussion stats