Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ExpatEU
Tutor
Tutor

I've had the 4-pack of Arlo Ultra 2 cameras for 18 months and suddenly one of them won't charge any more. I think it's the battery based on my tests below, let me know if you disagree. Is there something else I can try or do I have to buy a new battery?

1. Tried removing battery, waited 10 minutes, still no charge.

2. Bought a new charger and cable from Amazon, but it didn't work.

3. Tried the new charger and cable in another camera and that does work.

4. Swapped "bad battery" into a "good camera" and it sent a "low battery" message to my email, but does not charge.

5. Put the "good battery" into the "bad camera" and it does charge with the old charger and cable.

6. Swapped cables/chargers and the "good battery" in the "bad camera" still works, but the "bad battery" in the "good camera" does not work with either charger/cable.

7. So my conclusion is that it is the battery.

8. I re-synced the camera and still no joy.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hardware problems such as a bad battery must be handled by using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

ExpatEU
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks, I've tried that. Started with chat. He sent me to Spain because I live there. I called Spain support where the guy speaking perfectly good English said he wasn't allowed to talk to me in English, and he sent me to a UK number that was "experiencing technical difficulties" and hung up on me.

All I am trying to find out is if there is something else I can try before buying a new battery. Some kind of reset (without doing the entire system).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All you can do at this point, since you've already determined it's a bad battery, is to buy a new one and/or continue to slog through support. Maybe a friend or neighbor can help with the language issue.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi ExpatEU,

Let me reach out to you via private message in regards to your experience with the support team.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation