Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra 2 and Google Home

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Zleasure
Aspirant
Aspirant
Attempting to link my Arlo account to my Google Home account. I have followed the steps outlined by Arlo and Google Home and upon attempting to link my Arlo account to Google home the error is displayed, "Could not reach Arlo. Please try again."

I have tried rebooting both Google home and Arlo, deleting the apps, renaming the cameras, nothing seems to work.
5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Zleasure,

Have you ever had Arlo linked to your Google account or is this the first time you've seen the error? Are you still experiencing this issue today?

JamesC

Zleasure
Aspirant
Aspirant
James

Thank you for the reply. Yes, my Arlo account was previously linked to my Google Home account. This was a prior Google home and a prior Arlo system. I have since deleted the old "home" under my Google account and created a new "home" with a new Arlo base station and cameras. I have also unlinked Arlo from my Google home and attempted to re-link it.

I am still having the issue today. It looks like Google home attempts to reach Arlo and pull up the camera but continues to give me the error, Arlo can not be reached. please try again.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

When you attempted to relink Arlo with your Google Home. Were you connected to the same wifi network as your SmartHub?

JamesC

Zleasure
Aspirant
Aspirant
James

Yes I am connected to the same wifi network. However, is it possible that Arlo creates its own network? When I look at available wifi networks to connect to my network appears first on the list and second is an Arlo named network.
Screenshot_20220318-164052.png
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The base creates a closed wifi network for the cameras - and the base is connected to your local network over ethernet.  The cameras do not access the internet directly - everything goes through the base station's ethernet.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation