Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra 2 Siren

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
njc2002
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,
I want two(out of 5) of my cameras to automatically go to a mode where they will trigger video recording and siren only during a specific period e.g.0001 am to 0500 am and at 0501 am schedule changes to Armed mode. I could not find a way to do this. I could not find Routines tab/function in arlo app or online account. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

If you have the older arlo app that gives you access to your “library” then you can create a custom mode for your requirements.

In the article below it describes how modes and rules can be configured.

The article also has a link to a different article describing how to setup using the new arlo app type that uses “feed”.

To clarify you can continue to use the older library type app  but once you upgrade to the new feed type you will not be able to go back to the library type app even after you discover it’s limitations and bugs.

https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them 

The easiest method is to create a new custom mode from within the mode page of the app. Edit the custom mode you created and add rules for each of the cameras that you wish to control. Then edit the schedule mode to have the custom mode operate during the wanted period. Then set the app operating mode to use the schedule. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

If you have the older arlo app that gives you access to your “library” then you can create a custom mode for your requirements.

In the article below it describes how modes and rules can be configured.

The article also has a link to a different article describing how to setup using the new arlo app type that uses “feed”.

To clarify you can continue to use the older library type app  but once you upgrade to the new feed type you will not be able to go back to the library type app even after you discover it’s limitations and bugs.

https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them 

The easiest method is to create a new custom mode from within the mode page of the app. Edit the custom mode you created and add rules for each of the cameras that you wish to control. Then edit the schedule mode to have the custom mode operate during the wanted period. Then set the app operating mode to use the schedule. 

njc2002
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you DannyBearAgain.

I have created the a new schedule with two modes into it.

I will test it tonight.

Cheers.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation