Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

Dear Arlo Customers,

Thank you for your patience. Arlo services are now fully restored. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. The disruption in service which affected some of our customers was due to a technical issue that arose during routine system maintenance.

Thank you.

-The Arlo Team

>
>Dear Arlo customer,
>We are aware of an issue where our ARLO customers are temporarily unable to login into their account. ARLO team is actively working to restore this feature as soon as possible.
>We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.
>Stay tuned!
>Best regards,
>The Arlo Team
>arlo.png

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
333 REPLIES 333
brh
Master
Master

@RicB

A few things you can try.

Power off the base station for one minute and power it back on.

Unplug the ethernet cable and power from the base. Reset your router then plug the ethernet cable back in and power up the base station.

Lastly, do a factory reset by holding in both the sync button and using a paperclip holding in the tiny reset button at the back of your router until all theree base lights blink amber, (about 10 to 15 seconds.. Be advised that doing a factory reset will remove all your devices and you will have to add back the base and then sync each camera back into the system. Only do this as a last resort.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@RicB

Please read this article. I don't know if they really enforce the 90 day rule or not, but I don't think so.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Brian

RicB
Tutor
Tutor
Ok thanks I will try that shortly
JJ5566
Aspirant
Aspirant

I still cannot get my cameras to work. it says getting status is all it will do since they went down

dkokai76
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m still unable to login to my camera. It’s been almost a week. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
brh
Master
Master

@JJ5566

Please let us know what the LEDs on the base station and on tthe cameras are doing. It appears that the cameras are in your system, but not synced to the base station.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@dkokai76

Please let us know what the LEDs on the base station and the cameras are showing. Also what have you done so far to resolve your problem? Lastly what is going on in the app.

Brian

Bradstein
Tutor
Tutor

yes i am / have an ARLO GO and being told i must physically reset the camera... i bought it because it works with VerizonLTE and is designed for remote usage. Arlo / Netgear had some BIG hack or service disruption and then simply told every one "temperary outage" then said all systems are back online   / i am not and sounds like you are not too..

they pushed out a new software revision / when Apple does it it doesnt take down every ones system..

dkokai76
Aspirant
Aspirant
GREAT!!!! I bought a $400 dollar security camera to keep an eye on my cabin that’s 150 miles away. Now I have to physically reset it!!! That’s just wonderful. I’ve been down for almost a week. Sure hope the criminals know about this so when they see the Arlo sticker on my window they know the coast is clear.
brh
Master
Master

Arlo definitely needs to do some more work to stop this inability to reset and restore the systems  It seems there should be some commands that can be done by their customer support department from their end, or better yet some buttons in your app to reset and restore the system.

Brian

RicB
Tutor
Tutor
Hi Brian I tried everything you told to and system still says it’s offline. It’s definitely a software issue since the whole system went down. I have original alro and my brother has pro and his seem to be working.
brh
Master
Master

@RicB

Have you tried resetting your modem?

I also have the original system with 3 original cameras and 2 Pros on the original base and everything is working fine.

If the system says your base is offline then it has not synced with the internet or for some reason your base is not getting an internet connection.

If a camera says it is offline, then it is not syncing with the base station.

What we need to do is to find out why your base is not connecting to the internet. What is the middle light on your base showing?

Here is a link to show the meanings of the lights on your base.

Brian

heritagehomes
Aspirant
Aspirant

I finally got one of my cameras back online. I had to drive to camera location and restart camera by removing and reiserting battery and worked automatically. This is a bad situation for those whom have cameras in remote locations but is the only way I found to get one of them going again. Hope this helps.

heritagehomes
Aspirant
Aspirant

I finally got one of my cameras back online. I had to drive to camera location and restart camera by removing and reiserting battery and worked automatically. This is a bad situation for those whom have cameras in remote locations but is the only way I found to get one of them going again. Hope this helps.

RicB
Tutor
Tutor
Hi yes I’ve reset the modem and also just did a hard reset. Still say your device is offline. The internet is connected. The camera light stays orange and will not sync.
brh
Master
Master

@RicB

Oh, It shows that the cameras are offline, what about the base station?

Is it also showing offline?

After a factory reset you must claim your base - in other words you must add the base station back by adding in the device section of your app then add each camera and resync it.. Also, none of your devices should be showing. as a factory reset should delete everything from your system. In other words, you are starting again from scratch.

If you are still seeing your devices you did not properly do the factory reset. Delete everything from your system. Using a paper clip and hold in the tiny reset button until all the LEDs on the base station blink amber.

Wait for the base to reboot then go back into the app and add the Base. If successful, add the cameras one at a time and try to resync.

Brian

RicB
Tutor
Tutor
Hi Brian. It works now. I forgot that I had to add the base station. Thanks for your help!
Chabs
Aspirant
Aspirant
The new update did more damge. My arlo wont do any LIVE STREAM!!!! They said its all fixed. And running.. Hopefully they fix the issue soon. Will try to look for alternative security camera that is more reliable.
Bradstein
Tutor
Tutor
I think they got hacked and aren’t saying anything
Was down across the board then it was just fixed and running again.
They did not say why it was down as far as I can see and no real explanation
My camera is still down and they say I
Must physically reset it. I live 300 miles away and that’s why I bought the Arlo Go with Verizon
brh
Master
Master

@Bradstein

You may be right or it could be the cloud servers went down. I have had similar problems lately on Smartthings with global cloud outages. It seems that whenever there are severe storms the clloud acts up. I don't know where Arlo or Smartthings have their cloud servers, but I believe that when the problem started, there were severe storms and power outages in the midwest and northeast.

Brian

Bradstein
Tutor
Tutor
My problem is all was well until they did a push of new software / or recovered from an attack / their server world went down / whatever it was they have not explained what happened and I see aliot of people are still offline like me and all that was posted was system fixed Welli I guess for some it is but people like who bought the system because it was remote and usable with LTE service when no internet is available.
Now told I have manually reset it and that’s a 300 mike drive. (Each way).
Bradstein
Tutor
Tutor
Anyone else have issues with Arlo Go and the Arlo solar panel not working together??
Been through 2 panels and now using 120 vac power and still get same message after 4 days. “Battery not charging / use an Arlo brand source” well I am

dkokai76
Aspirant
Aspirant
The Arlo solar panel sucks!!! When it’s connected it actually DISCHARGES the battery!!!! I’m on my second panel and it’s does the same thing. Netgear has no solutions but to blame the thumbscrew and my installation!!!!
brh
Master
Master

@Bradstein

It could be some tolerence between the battery terminals not making good contact with the terminals in the camera. I read that someone used a thin piece of cardboard behind the battery to hold it in place until they could swap the camera out.

Also check for bent pins on both ends of the cable and in both the solar panel and camera plugs.

Brian

dkokai76
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nooooo it’s non of that!   I went thru the whole thing with Netgear.  They really didn’t want to help as far as I’m concerned!   Now I’m stuck for 2 years with something that doesn’t really work.