Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

Dear Arlo Customers,

Thank you for your patience. Arlo services are now fully restored. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. The disruption in service which affected some of our customers was due to a technical issue that arose during routine system maintenance.

Thank you.

-The Arlo Team

>
>Dear Arlo customer,
>We are aware of an issue where our ARLO customers are temporarily unable to login into their account. ARLO team is actively working to restore this feature as soon as possible.
>We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.
>Stay tuned!
>Best regards,
>The Arlo Team
>arlo.png

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
333 REPLIES 333
Jfinch
Initiate
Initiate

Although the outage was resolved, both of my cameras are still offline. Do I need to reset them?

brh
Master
Master

@Jfinch

I don't know the status of your system, but firstly, I would remove the batteries and then reinsert them. This should cause them to reset and try to communicate with the base station. If that doesn't work, tell us what else is going on with your system, especially with the lights on your base station.

Brian

Jfinch
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for replying. These are GO cameras, so no base station. I’ll try removing the batteries to reset them. Hope that works! They are hidden way up in trees.

brh
Master
Master

@Dustin77

I think I misunderstood you. You said Arlo Pro cameras, but now that I think about it I think you were referring to the Arlo Go cameras. Try removing the batteries and reinsert them. This should reset your communications, hopefully.

Sorry for the misunderstanding,

Brian

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Arlo was down on 3/8/18 for half a day. Email saying it was restored 2:47pm on 3/8.

It is now 3/9 and the "My Arlo" still does not open. Is there a reset that needs to be done, or is it at your end? 

brh
Master
Master

@Retired_Member

Arlo does not read this forum. JamesC who is the site moderator does read it and passes pertinent info on to Arlo.  But, there are some of us Arlo owners that do try to help people with problems to resolve their issues quicker than waiting for Customer Support.

Please tell us where you are having problems, loging in? App not showing any devices, etc.?

For a start, what are the lights on your base station showing? Have you tried to power off the base station for one minute then powering it back up and letting the system reboot?

Brian

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Brian - I see now that you can no longer get the sign in page via Google Chrome, but it works through Internet Explorer. 

- Penn360

Jammann
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having trouble accessing my cameras again today and we don’t have any snips since yesterday afternoon.
brh
Master
Master

@Retired_Member

Just before I noticed the outage yesterday, there was a post saying that Arlo had updated its web page and gave instructions on how to correct the issue on Google Chrome. I wiill try to find that post and give it to you, but in the meantime, the easiest way to resolve this is by deleting your browser history from the beginning. The issue is an issue with "cookies," but for me deleting the cookies did not fix it. I deleted all my browsing history.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@Jammann

Have you tried removing and reinserting the batteries in your cameras to reset their communications with the base?

If that doesn't work, what are the lights on your base station showing?

Brian

susanbraun
Aspirant
Aspirant

My device continues to read still offline.  How do I fix this issue?

strohmey
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo is still down
brh
Master
Master

@strohmey

It may not matter, but what country are you in?

What Arlo system are you using?

Is it down on both your mobile device and your web browser?

What are the lights on your base station showing?

Have you tried powering the base off for 1 minute then powering it back up and letting it reboot?

Have you tried removing the batteries from the cameras and reinserting them?

Brian

strohmey
Aspirant
Aspirant
Live in Michigan but vacationing so not able to get to camera. Neighbors watching house but I like the convenience of checking on the house myself
brh
Master
Master

@strohmey

One thing you can try is to go into your mobile app to settings>My Devices and select your basestation. At the bottom of the page is a Restart button. You can try that and see if it works.

Also be advised that if you are using Google Chrome to see your system, you will probably need to either delete all the cookies or better yet, delete your browsing history to be able to see your system. You can use another browser, though.

Brian

Jammann
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am using the app remotely.
brh
Master
Master

@Jammann

Ok, Just checking. Did you try the reset I talked about from your mobile app?

Brian

HWC123
Tutor
Tutor

I did the reset, now nothing works!  The cams wont sync, the rhs orange light id flashing. I have been trying for a while now, the cams wont sinc. They go through the process then i get an orange lifgt.  I have taken all the batteries out and back in.

I have been at this for 24 hours now, its going in the garbage soon!

brh
Master
Master

@HWC123

I am not sure what you mean by rhs light, so pardon my misunderstanding, but is the amber light on the base or on the cameras?

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@HWC123

I am going to recommend at this point to remove all your devices from your system and do a factory reset using a paper clip to the tiny button on the back of your router and then start all over as a New system. Here is an article on how to do that.

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-base-station-to-the-default-values

The link on how to set the system up as a new system is a link near the bottom of the article.

If this doesn't work contact Customer support at the green banner near the bottom of this page.

Brian

HWC123
Tutor
Tutor

It's a pro2 with 3 cams and a base station. Normally the 3 green lights on the Base station are green when the system is working. Since reset the third or right hand side light is solid orange. When i try to sinc a cam it goes flashing green and then goes back to solid orange.

HWC123
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for your help Brian, I have alredy done that several times. I need to walk away now, I have had enough. It's now all in a box. 

mrbenl
Apprentice
Apprentice

Fully restored, I think not, after the database went down yesterday and came back later last night, it gave me camera access but had wiped out my zones and still won't let me create new ones, also the alarm is still missing as a device, and same results on multiple PC's, not mobile.... WTF Netgear...?

brh
Master
Master

@mrbenl

Please add your comments to this post as others are having the same problems:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/New-app-update-Can-t-create-Motion-zones/m-p/1522520#M62...

It probably was the app updates that happened yesterday.

Brian

Jackrmy
Guide
Guide

HUNDREDS OF EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS OF A FORUM THREAD I POSTED IN ONCE !!!

YOU ARE NOW MARKED AS SPAM !!!

CONGRATULATIONS !!!