Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

Dear Arlo Customers,

Thank you for your patience. Arlo services are now fully restored. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. The disruption in service which affected some of our customers was due to a technical issue that arose during routine system maintenance.

Thank you.

-The Arlo Team

>
>Dear Arlo customer,
>We are aware of an issue where our ARLO customers are temporarily unable to login into their account. ARLO team is actively working to restore this feature as soon as possible.
>We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.
>Stay tuned!
>Best regards,
>The Arlo Team
>arlo.png

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
333 REPLIES 333
SteveWhite
Apprentice
Apprentice

First off, I am sorry to hear about your mom.  That must be tough and I won't even pretend to claim how you must feel.

But my poisition remains...  Netgear is in no way obligated to provide you with 24/7 uninterupted service.  If your situation demands such a service then clearly you did unfortunately make a bad choice with Arlo.  Their own Terms of Service are pretty clear on that..

"YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE ARLO SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. NETGEAR MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE ARLO SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT USE OF THE ARLO SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE NOR DOES NETGEAR MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE ARLO SERVICES"

And to those who were claiming that Netgear should somehow be liable for any burlaries committed during the outage also likely failed to read the ToS too.

"NETGEAR’S EQUIPMENT AND SERVICES DO NOT CAUSE AND CANNOT ELIMINATE OCCURRENCES OF CERTAIN EVENTS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FIRES, FLOODS, BURGLARIES, ROBBERIES AND MEDICAL PROBLEMS. NETGEAR MAKES NO GUARANTY OR WARRANTY, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, THAT THE ARLO EQUIPMENT AND SERVICES PROVIDED WILL DETECT OR AVERT SUCH INCIDENTS OR THEIR CONSEQUENCES. NETGEAR DOES NOT UNDERTAKE ANY RISK THAT YOU OR YOUR PROPERTY, OR THE PERSON OR PROPERTY OF OTHERS, MAY BE SUBJECT TO INJURY OR LOSS IF SUCH AN EVENT OCCURS. THE ALLOCATION OF SUCH RISK REMAINS WITH YOU, NOT NETGEAR."

I know it sucks man, but we all knew this from day 1 of using Arlo.  I went in with eyes open, hope you did too.

Czmkid
Guide
Guide

Not Fixed is right.  It takes 5 min to get the camera info....Then when you hit the live button the spinning wheel of death appears and the cameras never connect.

Someone needs to loose their job over this imo.

mal8531
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo base offline. Called and was told I was going to receive an email when this problem was fixed. I was told Netgear was down. Has the problem been fixed?

JoeTampa
Initiate
Initiate

I haven't gotten videos in my Library as of now for videos that would have been recorded around 8am US Eastern time this morning.  

Fattire
Tutor
Tutor

I am up and hitting on all pistions. This is in wisconsin. I sent cheese and a Packer hat.

Tsunami12345
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had all the issues described here.

I just tried to reconnect my camera and all I get is: Disovering your device...Please wait...

It's still not working.

Bimmer7981
Aspirant
Aspirant
This issue has not been resolved, as Im not able to log into my account.
Bimmer7981
Aspirant
Aspirant
Exactly
Fattire
Tutor
Tutor

It is net-nutrallaty, Pay up LOL

chuck159
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for fixing, I noticed the problem this morning about 8:30 a.m. eastern time
GlanYMor
Aspirant
Aspirant

The issue is NOT fully resolved yet.  I can log into my ARLO account now, and I turned the system on, but the cameras are not connecting at all.  

PETERSUGDEN
Guide
Guide

Hi

You say that the problem is fied. NOT HERE IN THE UK

nz007
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not resolved for my system. I am still not able to log in.
PETERSUGDEN
Guide
Guide

NOT FIXED HERE YET

UnhappyUK
Initiate
Initiate
UK user Here. NOT FIXED.
Base station and wireless cameras all offline and have been like this all day
bugsmom
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Q is still not connecting to the internet but my H8 camera seems to be working. Why?

PETERSUGDEN
Guide
Guide

HI. ALL THAT YOU SAY IS FINE BUT BUT BUT I AM STILL OFF. DO I HAVE TO DO ANYTHING MYSELF TO GET IT GOING AGAIN

hydej
Aspirant
Aspirant
NZ user. System still down.
Geo-S
Aspirant
Aspirant

During the recent interruption in services (today march 8, 2018), the internet led indicator on my base station went blank (off), indicating loss of contact with the internet. I could not log onto my account and was not receiving push or email notifications. Then after a couple of hours (about 1pm est), services started working again. I got push notifications and emails, and I could log into my account and view clips and change mode. Everything seemed to be functioning again. Great. 

But I notice that the internet led on my base station is still off.  No blinking. Nothing. This is strange as I seem to have full functionality restored, and seem to be connected to the internet, and can save and view live and stored video.

Will the base station reset itself to fix the internet led indicator or will it require me to power cycle the base station? 

thanks

mal8531
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still not working. Arlo base appears offline. I'm in the US

royiel
Initiate
Initiate
I had recorded footage of UFO over the house that are now gone.. I’m sensing a conspiracy.
Chief00
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am still unable to connect cameras.  Powder is on and connected to internet. Camera light on base station is Orange. Cameras will not sync. App says not connected. What's going on?

klowetx
Tutor
Tutor

It's amazaing that some are threatening to return their systems.  Have you every been late for work due to a car break down, flat tires, etc.?  Should you be fired?  Well, you should have a reliable car!  Look, things happen sometimes out of a company's control, it's the day and age we live in with the technology.  It's how they handle the situation.  Take a deep breath and give them a chance, I am sure they have everyone on deck who could help resolve their issue.

IceRescue
Aspirant
Aspirant

Some of your customers? From the responses I have received on the community site it seems like all customers were affected. I have responses from all over the world. This does not inspire confidence in your product. My cameras have been alerting me all day yet the library does not seem to have as many clips.  I will be changing my password directly.  I hope nothing  serious happened to anyone's property during this event.

Sincerely Disappointed,

davidj77
Star
Star

Yeah its cool. Moved into a new Area, Today someone plowed my driveway which is watched by arlo but yet.... I have no freaking clue who did it because nothing was recorded. Thanks Arlo