Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo App Login issue

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update: 5/28/18 @ 8:52PM Pacific

We have identified a DNS issue with certain Internet Service Providers that is causing connection to the Arlo app to fail. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and in the meantime we have identified a temporary workaround.

• Use a mobile device to connect to the Arlo app with Wi-Fi turned off (use cellular data/LTE). Please note that this option will use data from your cellular plan.

Some users have reported success logging into their Arlo app by updating their DNS settings to a public DNS server. For assistance with changing your DNS settings, it is recommended to contact your ISP.

Update: 5/28/18 @ 12:50PM Pacific

As part of our ongoing investigation and with the help of our Community and Social users, we’ve uncovered that the Arlo app login issue is only affecting some customers on some service providers.

If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread.

Update: 5/28/18 2:07AM Pacific 

We are looking into reports that some users are still seeing the error "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later" or "cannot log in due to internet connectivity issues". This does not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. We are continuing to investigate this issue, and will keep you updated here on this thread. 

Important Update 5/27/18 @ 11:00PM Pacific:

Some users had trouble logging into their Arlo apps earlier today, however, this did not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. All systems are now up and running as expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

Update: 5/27/18 @ 10:19 Pacific

We wanted to provide you with an update on the current login issue some users are experiencing where you may be unable to login to your Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are still actively investigating this issue and are working towards a resolution. Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to update this thread as we have more information.

Original Post 5/27/18 @ 7:55PM Pacific

Hello Valued Arlo Customers,

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are actively investigating this issue and are working to resolve it. We'll update this thread when we have further information/updates.

-The Arlo Team

1,188 REPLIES 1,188
formerchef
Tutor
Tutor

Also, I now cannot access anything online via computer. It says I am not on the internet, but obviously, I am.

AndreaK
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have Spectrum for internet. I can’t log in to my cameras — keep getting msg that there is a contectivity issue. Please help.
sequelman
Initiate
Initiate

I tried AncientGeek's recommendation and rebooted my phone after deleting the app and then reinstalling and that seems to have worked.  I am now able to log in from my iPhone. 

Thanks to  AncientGeek

KR52
Guide
Guide

Support is horrible for these systems. If we hadn’t already spent so much $ on them, they would definitely be trashed. We’ve only had them less than 6 mos. For numerous reasons they’ve been up & down. Forget trying to get any support from Net Gear!

Omar23
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can access the system if I disconnect from my home WiFi and connect only through cellular service. My ISP is Spectrum.  I use both android and apple devices. When connected to my home WiFi, I experience the issue on both devices.

Posarlosystem
Apprentice
Apprentice

Really would be nice if non netgear people would quit telling people to alter settings they don't know anything about or could potentially cause an issue with their other connected devices, issues for hacking etc. But what am I thinking. Netgear and arlo support are nowhere to be found. 

jeepers8327
Guide
Guide

Absolutely ridiculous that this has been going on for so long now! There seems to always be a problem with this system and I did my research to invest in a good system. I have a special needs son and have various nurses, therapists, aides in my house and I rely on my cameras! My son now has a bruise on him that can't be explained and I have no video to show what happened!!!!!!!! It's still under warrenty but that doesn't help with your technical issues, wasted $400.

AFrogie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was able to login twice at 4 pm Hawaii  Spectrum then lost it again.  

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Excellent!  I'm glad to hear that worked for you.  

Though I share your frustration overall.  I tax the Arlo system pretty heavily (4 locations, 27 cameras, several accounts sharing access to all of the cameras) and have problems of various sorts fairly often.

Bailey84
Aspirant
Aspirant
Wondering if the issue is still being addressed. Cannot log into app via wifi. Says currently unavailable. AT&T is my cell provider.
RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Deleting, rebooting, reinstalling does not work for me.
Arlo-please fix.
WINEOH
Guide
Guide
What the H#•L is going on!! I bought these cameras to watch my 98 year old mother to make sure she’s safe. If I can’t log in or get notifications these are useless. Bought many extras too. GET THIS ISSUE FIXED NOW!!! Had other people tell me not to buy these......now I wish I would’ve listened to them.
SadaPvrc
Aspirant
Aspirant
We are also having the same issue. Tried reinstalling the app, rebooted the base station etc. Still did not work on WiFi, only on Cellular mode. It worked perfectly fine up until today. If anyone got this resolved, please let us know. Thank you!
53mromero
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can’t login try to enter password but it won’t let me type. Can’t get to settings. Been getting the same connectivity message everyone else is getting the past 2-3 days.
Orrfamily
Apprentice
Apprentice
Still now 24 hrs later still can’t log in unless I am on my data of my Verizon iPhone 8+.

Have spectrum internet
And arlo pro base.

This should not take this long to fix.
Joeb912
Guide
Guide
Add my name to the list. I'm a long time user, so no setup advice or trouble shooting applies. This started today. I changed my password recently at Arlo's recommendation, but this problem doesnt coincide exactly with that, the app was working until this afternoon. I can connect intermittently from laptop using wifi.
rcarrosq
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's 28 May, 9:30 PM CST and I am still unable to log into my cameras; still getting “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later”.  My internet provider is Spectrum and my cellular provider is AT&T.  What seems be the problem over there?    

JesseDaniel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here.  Will try changing the DNS on my router, but the Arlo's have worked fine with the curent settings for about 16 months (until yesterday).

johnnynguyen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I still have that issue on devices (Mac, iphone and android )

Kmx1010
Aspirant
Aspirant
Spectrum
iPhone X
At&t
Dmathys2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello... I have Spectrum internet service and Virgin Mobile cell phone in Marion, Ohio...

Haven't been able to log in or activate my cameras all day... Please help...

Thanks...  Doug Mathys

Rd10221976
Aspirant
Aspirant
Model# on base is vmb4000
Internet provider is spectrum
LGS
Aspirant
Aspirant
Dawn
Our WiFi service is medicom, Cell service Sprint and we use android/web app. We have been out since this morning.
Sasrojas
Guide
Guide
I’ve been getting this message all day
Merman
Guide
Guide

You might be on to something. I just disabled my wifi and could connect to MyArlo using cellular data. My provider is Spectrum.