Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

kylewallace
Star
Star

Hello, is someone from Arlo able to provide an update on custom notification sounds for iOS? Been a few years since I asked so thought I would check again 😉

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hey @kylewallace

Thanks for the follow-up. I will be sure to provide an announcement if this feature is released.

108 REPLIES 108
Seonkyung69
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having trouble getting my cameras to record and alerts and notifications from showing up

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Seonkyung69 wrote:

I’m having trouble getting my cameras to record and alerts and notifications from showing up

What cameras (and base if you have one)?

Have you checked that the cameras are armed?

Can you livestream the cameras?

If yes, can you make a manual recording while livestreaming

Have you confirmed that they are detecting motion (using the motion detection test)?

Skip50
Aspirant
Aspirant

Spot on! 

Alzsuprmn
Aspirant
Aspirant
Im not sure because im new to this. There is a way to create a shortcut in the iphone. It’s basically setting a sound that you want to use as soon as a trigger is meet. I dont know how to set the shortcuts, but ive used a few that were put together by others.
arloandbehold
Tutor
Tutor

I too would like this feature. Any update?

GTFOH-NOW
Initiate
Initiate

I know I’m “late to the party” with this response, but, did the cameras at least record the break-in “activity”? If not, then Arlo needs to be replaced with something that you trust. I hope you were/are ok!!

Bob1084
Initiate
Initiate

You'll keep us posted "If this feature is released" ?? IF??  Well there you have it everyone. That means Arlo has NO intention of actually fixing this, even though many of us have complained about this for a few years now. What a joke Arlo!

Firepio1
Initiate
Initiate

Go ahead and customize your alerts to send an email/text. You will need to find out the the string for your service provider ro send an email as a text. Create an email address in Google. Then set up Arlo to send an email to google where you've created a rule that then forwards it to the your email at your LTE provider as a text.  So when Arlo gets activated, it will send an email which goes to Google in the background is forwarded out as a text to your phone. 

Creekernana
Star
Star

I know! It’s very sad and bad business! 

CSmith5
Initiate
Initiate

Is there a way to change the notifications on the Arlo app or on my iPhone 13max pro?    I have looked at the notifications app on my phone and on their Arlo app and do not find any solution.  Does Arlo offer a choice?  Can not seem to get the 3rd party ring tone app to change it either.  If not, ARLO, YOU NEED TO OFFER THIS AS WHEN I/WE ARE ASLEEP, THE “soft” NOTIFICATION DOES NOT WAKE PEOPLE UP.  If we get burglarized in the night, how can we get up and look into it asap? This happened to me last October and by the time I woke up, it was all over.  ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!

kylewallace
Star
Star

Shayne would you happen to have any updates on this issue? Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated. 

Creekernana
Star
Star

AGREE💯 Arlo won’t address this even though so many complaints about it

Creekernana
Star
Star

Agree 💯

Fls
Tutor
Tutor

this is unacceptable from a company that sells so-called security products. This functionality is however known and easy to implement by developers. We should have the choice to activate emergency notifications or not.
I've been waiting for this feature for several years. I'm tired of companies that do things halfway, sell tech products, stop at the gadget aspect, forgetting the very purpose of the product, and don't make them evolve despite the relevant suggestions of users.

Arlo's goal is to sell cameras, not to provide a service to its customers. proof is: no exchange is possible with the support or the developers. customers help each other leave to themselves. this is the treatment that Arlo offers to its customers. pitiful.

Creekernana
Star
Star

AGREE 💯 

Creekernana
Star
Star

Any updates on this ??

Tomwigram
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I change the Notification sound for my iPhone when my camera’s are activated?

abarli
Initiate
Initiate

Just an FYI...  I called Blink as a possible option to switch to, and they do not have that capability as well.    Wonder if it is an iPhone limitation?   I will try the email solution as I need to be alerted regarding some varmints that need to be taken care of.    But is is very disturbing to think that Arlo will not wake me if someone is walking around my home and/or breaking in.   Not a security solution for sure.   But, I will sleep better knowing they may be able to use the footage after the fact to catch my killer.   😉

DCS36
Star
Star

Unfortunately with ios17, turning on Announce Notifications does not work. 

Both apple & arlo, should know that locking in one tone to be used for every notification is problematic. Many users are unable to hear certain tones, especially if the phone is in your pocket & your at the grocery store! The ambient noise renders any notifications useless! The standard for arlo & apple, should be to allow the user to select a tone they can hear! Can’t say I am not surprised though, arlo always lets me down when I need them most! My forever home will have a wired system, no more arlo!

Can’t understand how something so simple is never addressed in each update?!?!

One tone does not “fit all” as assumed!

Creekernana
Star
Star

Deaf Ears! They got our money already so they really don’t care!! 

AshTray900
Luminary
Luminary

Has anyone figured this out? Since upgrade to iOS 17 with the latest Arlo app the sound is pathetic, you can hardly hear it…

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback we'll pass this along to the development team for consideration.

Creekernana
Star
Star

HAHAHAHA!!!! What a joke! Moderators have been saying that for months and years

DustyAndJana
Initiate
Initiate

Support, has this been addressed for custom loud alerts to wake users? 
This is not a security system with 24 hour support if the alerts do not offer appropriate means to alert the residents.

We need custom alerts on iOS, asap. Otherwise, the system is just a post-crime review tool.
This advertised menu means nothing if you offer no way for that app to wake your users.

How would you know to use e911 if you were never woke by the intrusion captured? 
Please raise this much higher on the attention.

image.jpg

DustyAndJana
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you for the response Brooke. We are glad you all are still monitoring.

IOS users are due an explanation why this has not been addressed for custom loud alerts to wake users? 
This is not a security system with 24 hour support if the alerts do not offer appropriate means to alert the residents.

We need custom alerts on iOS, asap. Otherwise, the system is just a post-crime review tool.
This advertised menu means nothing if you offer no way for that app to wake your users.

How would you know to use e911 if you were never woke by the intrusion captured? 
Please raise this much higher on the attention.

image.jpg