Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
GraemeMitchell
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am trying to view my library recordings, if I turn off my wifi on my iPhoneX the video plays fine.  As soon as I am on wifi the video doesnt play, just spins.  I tested the speed 100mbps download and 77.4 mbps upload via SpeedTest when I am on wifi.  I have checked the firewall to see if something is blocking ports/addresses etc and I cant see anything

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup, the library video is being pulled from the cloud. It sounds like your network is the problem but try a different WiFi (neighbor/friend/public hotspot) to verify this.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting the phone. I don't recall for sure but I think I've seen a few comments about iPhone and WiFi needing to be reset. A search may pop this up for you.

GraemeMitchell
Apprentice
Apprentice

I reset the iPhone network setting, deleted the app, re-downloaded the app and its the same.  When I click to see the "Live" view it takes a few seconds to connect and then it shows the live feed.  Its just the library files that dont play.

I assume that the library files are on the cloud and the live feed is the app tunneling to my home and it isnt going to get anything from the cloud?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup, the library video is being pulled from the cloud. It sounds like your network is the problem but try a different WiFi (neighbor/friend/public hotspot) to verify this.

GraemeMitchell
Apprentice
Apprentice

damm, you are right.  Flipped to the neightbours network and it works fine.