Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trying to combine accounts and sign up for a business subscription

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
WPRInc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I called customer service who sent me to technical support who sent me to subscriptions who wanted to send me back to technical support.

I have an account and my wife has an account. I would like to combine both accounts into one account. I run a business out of my house and I would like to sign up to a business subscription which allows recordings for 16 cameras but apparently no-one in customer service, technical support or subscriptions knows how to do this. So I asked for a supervisor to call me back since none of the staff know how to do their jobs. 2-16-2021 let's see how long it takes to get a call back.

Have a nice day.

Tim

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can't "combine" accounts regardless of the plan. There's the primary user and then there's those who have been granted access. You could both use the primary account but, as usual, a new login will kick off the previous user.

For the business account, you should be able to just change the subscription by going to Settings, Subscription, Change Plan, and then click on the Business Plans to pick what you want.

WPRInc
Aspirant
Aspirant
I signed up for the business recording. Now all my cameras are off line. There is an error message saying the base station is off line no power. I know thats not true because I here at the primary residence and we have power. The second account which I wanted to combine is our fixer upper future retirement house. I'm getting an error message say the base station is off line. Its 400 miles away I can't check it , but I'm pretty sure there is power there, solar, and back up generator. Not happy with arlo support, still waiting on technical support call back.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't know how converting from a home user to a business account works so you may want to remove the system you have access to and start fresh.

rodsonline
Aspirant
Aspirant

I wasn't aware of a business account but I've got a normal home system subscription going, which allows me up to 16 cameras on the one account..I have 13 on it presently. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Be aware that this is a legacy plan. Don't make ANY changes or you'll need to unsubscribe and re-subscribe to the new plans.