Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary

i@Arlo-Greg @JamesC  Please help in getting this current bug looked at.

I had a 5 camera Arlo Pro 7 day free plan that worked great. Next I added a Video Doorbell with 3 month free trail. Adding that worked great. Next I wanted to add an Arlo Ultra camera and that worked great. I can now see all 7 cameras, but only 6 are recording to the cloud, all 7 are recording to my USB drive. 

I wanted to add a single smart plan for the Ultra to recorded to the cloud. Once I did that it now says that I have reached my 5 camera limit and marks two of my cameras as inactive saying I need to get a new smart plan. From reading in other forums, it sounds like if I delete my 3 month trail for the Video doorbell then maybe I should be able to add single smart plans. Don't really want to cancel my free trail which you can probably understand. 

I would really like to get this working, as I'm sure many others would also. 

Arlo-Greg 

Arlo Employee
@ArloWatcher wrote:

Should I be able to keep my Arlo Pro 5 camera system on the no cost basic plan and add my Video Doorbell and Arlo Ultra Camera on the per camera smart plan?

Hi @ArloWatcher 

Yes, you can keep your Pro 2 or earlier cameras (ones that came with free cloud) on the 7-day cloud plan and just purchase a smart plan for your video doorbell and ultra cameras if you like

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary

Arlo has made some back end billing changes and I now can add a single ultra camera to my plan along with my free trail period for the video doorbell. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary

@Arlo-Greg @JamesC 

Just wondering if this bug is on the list of things to get fixed? 

Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ArloWatcher,

I've raised this to the development team, I will provide you with an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

dannyb2100
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hello,

I'm having the same issue. We've got 5 cameras and recently purchased the arlo video doorbell. Which has a 3 month trial of smart.
But now it's saying I'm at my camera limit and one of my cameras is now inactive.
I've had to purchase a smart plan to make the camera active.
Highly annoying!
ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary

Arlo has made some back end billing changes and I now can add a single ultra camera to my plan along with my free trail period for the video doorbell.