Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Xplorefitness
Follower
Follower

Started a smart plan today so I could unlock the files I have recorded in the past. But I still just see 7 days back. Thought that I would see 30 days back since i have been having the camera on for some month.

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not just a Smart Plan, but if it was going to work it needs a Premier or Elite plan which covers more than 7 days storage...

With that said, the getting back of older videos by updating the plan has been hit or miss for over a year.

It use to work all the time but that was back about 2yrs ago.

Obv, as you found out if you upgraded properly that it no longer works, Videos that are gone are gone.

So never delete any videos and if possible use  usb/mem card backup as a 64gb will more than cover 2-3 months.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
BKing1914
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need a video from last Wednesday. I didnt save it to the cloud properly and I have been on hold for hours with Arlo. Is there no way to get a video from last week??

dcfox1
Master
Master

@BKing1914 wrote:

I need a video from last Wednesday. I didnt save it to the cloud properly and I have been on hold for hours with Arlo. Is there no way to get a video from last week??

Do you mean you deleted it from the cloud without downloading it? Even with free7 day storage (depending on your model) it should be on cloud unless you deleted it. If so its gone from their servers. 

BKing1914
Aspirant
Aspirant

how do i look into my cloud? I cant figure out what this means or where i get to it

dcfox1
Master
Master

In your Arlo app or web portal my.arlo.com select library, that is where your cloud recordings are. 

You can read the FAQ in the specific forum for your model camera to get information on your cams. 

BKing1914
Aspirant
Aspirant

But that only covers that last 7 days. I can review all of those videos by going to the library uptop....

Is there another place to view the "cloud" videos? Ones that have passed the 7 day mark?

dcfox1
Master
Master

@BKing1914 wrote:

But that only covers that last 7 days. I can review all of those videos by going to the library uptop....

Is there another place to view the "cloud" videos? Ones that have passed the 7 day mark?

No not if you did not save them. But if it was within the last 7 days as you said originally (last Wed 9-2)  it would be there unless you deleted them.  Though by now it may be Wed if outside U.S. time zone.