Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 24 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
Cobb_arlo2020
Follower
Follower
Where do I find the smart service code
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nettie888
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for your reply. I was referring to the continuation of the Arlo Smart after the 3 month trial. I was able to speak with an Arlo representative who let me know that you must use the primary account in order to set up the subscription. I was trying to set it up on a shared account.  Arlo could do a better job with their online platform to explain these nuances. 

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Cobb_arlo2020

May I ask what you are trying to achieve? Can you please provide a little more detail regarding this inquiry?

Toddg124
Aspirant
Aspirant
The app setup asks for it. I have the same question. It says to look at receipt. It's not clear on the receipt.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

BJT44
Tutor
Tutor
I just bought my arlo Ultra today, whetebis the smart service code on the receipt to set up the 1 year plan?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @BJT44

Have you created your account and set up your system yet?

BJT44
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, already returned it back to store.
MGriff
Tutor
Tutor
Did you find the smart code for the free service cause im having a little trouble finding it
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @MGriff

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

MGriff
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you
Easaballer
Aspirant
Aspirant
Where do I find my your Arlo Smart service code.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Easaballer   This is an old thread and seems to be confusion on what the service code is. What model camera do you have that is requesting this and is this a new set up? 

MGriff
Tutor
Tutor
dcfox1
Master
Master

What model camera? Some models come with a free trial to the smart plan. We need some details of your situation for someone to help you. 

ortizd56
Aspirant
Aspirant

Need to  find Arlo smart code for my new camera system before i subscribe.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ortizd56

Which camera package did you purchase?

BodieNDoyle
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am trying to subscribe to an Arlo Smart plan. There is a question right at the start - Did you purchase Arlo Smart from a retail store? with a link "Enter Arlo Smart Code".

Apparently there is a 16 digit code which is to be found on the retailer's receipt. I cannot find any such code on my receipt (JB HiFi). 

How should I obtain the code?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @BodieNDoyle

Anonymous_Arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too experienced similar issues when setting up two Pro3 units n a FloodLight unit. Prompted during initial setup on Iphone app with an offer of 35% discount on Smart Plan. Blew past that to complete setup. Now, I cannot locate a discounted subscription. Will be supremely unhappy if there is not a discount available as the 90 day trial expires

Referenced Smart Codes ( 16 digit, no where to be found ); Purchased from Amazon...

Did an online chat trying to find promo/discount codes.

Arlo Support pointed me to a phone number because it was a sales question.

Arlo Sales folks pointed me to the technical team because it was a support question. Sales folks did indicate I would receive an email "promotion" before the 90 day trial expired.

All very circular and very annoying.

Given number of posters posing similar questions, could the moderator please reach out to the Arlo Support n Sales teams and post a resolution to the Smart Codes conundrum.

-With best regards for all

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Anonymous_Arlo

I see your account has the 3 month trial started Do you have your cameras selected/activated under the Settings > Arlo Smart > Smart notifications?

BJT44
Tutor
Tutor
I returned all my arlo stuff, thx anyways tho
colongebolonga
Initiate
Initiate
The fact that multiple people have asked this question to no avail and I am looking for an answer as well, and the fact that multiple people have stated they have returned their devices doesn't make me very confident in my decision to purchase these cameras. May I ask why you returned your devices? My first impression while installing is that there is about an 8 second delay in recording.
Nettie888
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo offers Arlo Smart but in order to sign up for the service online it requests an Arlo Smart Service Code, problem is as identified in other posts there isn't a 16 digit code on my receipt as suggested. I purchased my camera from Lowes. I called Arlo, recording says office is closed. I tried chatting and after waiting in the queue about 7 minutes after the message said 1 person was ahead of me the chat sent a message that there were no available agents. How in the world am I supposed to set up the Arlo Smart?

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Nettie888  The 3 month trial for Smart should start on it's own once the cam is set up. You do not need a code even when signing up after it expires unless you get one from a certain retailer. I never needed a code. 

Nettie888
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for your reply. I was referring to the continuation of the Arlo Smart after the 3 month trial. I was able to speak with an Arlo representative who let me know that you must use the primary account in order to set up the subscription. I was trying to set it up on a shared account.  Arlo could do a better job with their online platform to explain these nuances.