Smart notification outside activity zone

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ziya Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
I have an arlo pro and my front camera is on a smart plan. I have activity zones set up for on my drive and my smart notifications are set up to give me alerts on animals, vehicles and persons (other motions are turned off). However im still getting alerts for other motion and all other motions occasionally outside of my zones. Iv searched here but cant seem to find a fix. Anyone with any ideas please?

Please see the 3 screen shots below, hope it helps
Model: VMC4030 | Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
Ziya Aspirant
Aspirant
Motion Notifications ( which is turned off) and its outside of zone
Ziya Aspirant
Aspirant
Motion Notifications ( which is turned off) and its outside of zone
ShayneS Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Ziya

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

Ziya Aspirant
Aspirant
Iv tried to delete the zones and re zone them. Iv re set the cameras. Iv un subscribed to the smart plan then re subscribed. I think i must have tried it all. Iv even spoke to arlo but no joy.
ShayneS Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which camera(s) are being affected by this? Are the plugged in to AC power?

Ziya Aspirant
Aspirant
Its my front camera, thats the only one on the smart plan.
Its currently running on battery. I do have a power lead running to it but its only on main for charging purpose.
ShayneS Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this cam recording outside of the zone when the camera is unplugged & plugged in charging? Have you tried to delete & recreate the zones over the web portal?

Ziya Aspirant
Aspirant
It does record out the zones plugged in and unplugged. Iv not tried the zone set up on the web portal. Does it make a difference on the web portal as oppose to the app?
ShayneS Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Ziya

I have seen in the past deleting & re-creating the zone through the web portal sometimes helps. 

Ziya Aspirant
Aspirant
Tried it doesnt work
ShayneS Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for here. - Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation