Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Ziya
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi,
I have an arlo pro and my front camera is on a smart plan. I have activity zones set up for on my drive and my smart notifications are set up to give me alerts on animals, vehicles and persons (other motions are turned off). However im still getting alerts for other motion and all other motions occasionally outside of my zones. Iv searched here but cant seem to find a fix. Anyone with any ideas please?

Please see the 3 screen shots below, hope it helps
26 REPLIES 26
Ziya
Apprentice
Apprentice
Motion Notifications ( which is turned off) and its outside of zone
Ziya
Apprentice
Apprentice
Motion Notifications ( which is turned off) and its outside of zone
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Ziya

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

Ziya
Apprentice
Apprentice
Iv tried to delete the zones and re zone them. Iv re set the cameras. Iv un subscribed to the smart plan then re subscribed. I think i must have tried it all. Iv even spoke to arlo but no joy.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which camera(s) are being affected by this? Are the plugged in to AC power?

Ziya
Apprentice
Apprentice
Its my front camera, thats the only one on the smart plan.
Its currently running on battery. I do have a power lead running to it but its only on main for charging purpose.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this cam recording outside of the zone when the camera is unplugged & plugged in charging? Have you tried to delete & recreate the zones over the web portal?

Ziya
Apprentice
Apprentice
It does record out the zones plugged in and unplugged. Iv not tried the zone set up on the web portal. Does it make a difference on the web portal as oppose to the app?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Ziya

I have seen in the past deleting & re-creating the zone through the web portal sometimes helps. 

Ziya
Apprentice
Apprentice
Tried it doesnt work
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for here. - Arlo Tech Support

Ziya
Apprentice
Apprentice
Chriswere, how have you set your zone like that, with several points?Mine only allows me to have 4 points so my zones are square or rectangle! See my attachment above
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ziya wrote:
 how have you set your zone like that, with several points?Mine only allows me to have 4 points so my zones are square or rectangle! 

Ultra cameras use 8 point polygons for the zones, other cameras use 4 point rectangles.

Tmlarson71
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB Having exact same issue. Arlo Please look into it on your side as my system has been running just fine for months.  Also this has happened before and nothing I do on my end fixes it.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Tmlarson71

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Hollowman1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue for me. Arlo pro 3.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Hollowman1

Does lowering your sensitivity help with motion being detected outside of the the activity zones?

Hollowman1
Aspirant
Aspirant

No. Modifying the sensitivity doesn't make a difference.

The objects being detected show (car, person, etc) but they are outside of the activity zones so it shouldn't alert me.

Tmlarson71
Aspirant
Aspirant

No.  I have to completely remove the camera and re add.   It then works as it should.....  for awhile.  Since first post I am on my second re-add.

mazulla9i39
Star
Star

I have the same issue.  It started mid-April.  Contacted support.  They offered no solution.  It has to be an issue on their end. 

Catfarts
Guide
Guide
Same issue here. I have a US flag that couldn’t possibly move inside the activity zones set. Since April 2020 it’s been triggering alerts every 25-35 seconds though, and deleting and reactivating camera or even hub plus all cameras doesn’t fix it
Ziya
Apprentice
Apprentice
Just a suggestion guys but if you have more then one camera part of your arlo package but only have 1 on a smart plan make sure that the camera which is not on a smart plan does not have ANY activity zones set up. Only have activity zone set up on your smart plan camera
Catfarts
Guide
Guide
Thanks for the info, but my situation is the reverse of that with all cameras on the plan, but activity zones set up on only this one camera. For me, the entire point was not wanting notifications from the flag every time the wind moves it.

I’m starting to get really tired of all of the issues with the Arlo System over the past two years. It seems like every other update comes with new problems and you start to feel spoiled when your system runs properly for six months straight. I’d rather have a security product that worked consistently and didn’t present a risk of failure at the wrong time
Catfarts
Guide
Guide
Sorry for double-dipping, but my last remark reminded me that I steel need to find out why, when I’m the only user, I intermittently get logged out of the app causing geofencing to fail. It sucks to discover that your system has been left disarmed all day long. For now I’ve learned that I need to fiddle with my phone every time I drive off somewhere to double check if it armed