Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
KLB034
Tutor
Tutor

I have about had it.  My Arlo Smart Plan trial ended today and I've been trying for three days to buy a single camera subscription for my doorbell only.  I have two other cameras that don't need a subscription.  I have tried everything!  I've gone through the steps and get to the billing payment section.  I fill all of that out, click the box for the terms, and then click the green box to update my payment info.  Then NOTHING HAPPENS!  The screen returns to my billing/payment information.  There are no errors.  No missing information.  There is no indication that something is wrong with what I entered.  I've been trying this for three days.  Used three different computers/phones.  Tried two credit cards and paypal.  Called for support.  Nothing is working.  I chose this video doorbell because I already have the other two cameras.  But it's not worth it if I can't get the subscription.

Any ideas before I rip this thing out of the wall?

12 REPLIES 12
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try using the web client instead to see if that helps. 

KLB034
Tutor
Tutor
Tried that already.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here. They're the ones with account access.

dsroy
Initiate
Initiate

I have just had this exact same problem, although I have 5 cameras and want a Premier Plan for all 5. Tried using my iphone as well as PC, fails on both without any error message. Also tried cancelling the trial subscription and that didn't help either. I have logged a support case online. There is nothing wrong with my mastercard credit card details.

KLB034
Tutor
Tutor
I hope you have better luck than I’m having! Level 2 support was supposed to call me back by Saturday. Never heard from them. Tried calling myself but no one answered. Received an email from support requesting more information about the ticket I opened through a different method. I responded with the information they requested and also referenced my phone call support ticket number. Get another auto generated email from them today saying that I still needed to respond to the first request they sent.

I’ve really had it with this service. Even if this gets straightened out, I worry about what’ll happen in the future if I need to change or cancel my subscription. Based on this experience, I’ll never buy another Arlo device. I’m not usually that easily dismissive of a company, but when it comes to security devices, I don’t mess around.
dsroy
Initiate
Initiate

I spoke with Arlo support webchat and they were not able to help. They got me to clear the browser cache but that did not help.

But I appear to have fixed the problem for me.

When I used my iphone, there was a Safari Setting that was active (Prevent Cross-Site Tracking). When I deactivated that, the Arlo subscription activation worked straight away.

When I was using my PC, it was connected to the Internet via my work's corporate firewall. I reckon that the firewall is stopping the transaction perhaps for the same reason (there is some kind of cross-site tracking going on perhaps between the Arlo website and their payment gateway service - something unusual that most online retailers don't do).

I have my fingers cross this is helpful for you.

Blacktip75
Guide
Guide
If they still require cross site scripting they should consider getting a few new developers... that said I’ll try that as well. Chrome recently switched to always block that.
Blacktip75
Guide
Guide

Thanks Dsroy, that fixed my problem as well. I am now seriously concerned about their security though, this XSS being blocked was announced years ago, any company not having updated their systems is not hiring the right (or enough) people.

BCD71
Initiate
Initiate
I’m having the exact same issue, this is ridiculous & customer support is no help at all on the phone. It’s been 8 days with no response on my ticket (42243418) despite my sending several requests for updates through the case update tool. I called them last Friday asking why I had not received an update, they said the ticket has been sent to billing. This seems to be a wide-spread issue. I wonder what the CEO & executive team would do if they knew how much revenue they were losing due to an internal processing error preventing customers from purchasing plans or other equipment. Please get this resolved for me ASAP or the CEO & Executive team are the next people I’m going to call to get this escalation resolved. This has been a terrible customer service experience & my new cameras are essentially useless putting my household at risk with no security camera protection.
BCD71
Initiate
Initiate
I’m having the exact same issue that many other people are having with signing up for a Smart Plan after the end of my free trial. I’ve cleared cache, cookies etc. Turned off cross-site tracking, pop-ups, tried everything. Tried multiple browsers, on phone and PC and multiple cards, including the card I used to order the cameras and a second order for accessories both from Arlo direct. Nothing works. This is ridiculous & customer support is no help at all on the phone. It’s been 8 days with no response on my ticket (42243418) despite my sending several requests for updates through the case update tool. I called them last Friday asking why I had not received an update, they said the ticket has been sent to billing. This seems to be a wide-spread issue. I wonder what the CEO & executive team would do if they knew how much revenue they were losing due to an internal processing error preventing customers from purchasing plans or other equipment. Please get this resolved for me ASAP or the CEO & Executive team are the next people I’m going to call to get this escalation resolved. This has been a terrible customer service experience & my new cameras are essentially useless putting my household at risk with no security camera protection.
Rmaison7
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here, this a total disaster. I purchased 10 cameras and tried to sign up for an elite plan for all. Tried multiple credit cards, re-entered my billing info. Even tried PayPal. Nothing! Same split second please wait. I have a ticket and have been waiting 4 business days. Called to gain the status and got the canned answer. My ticket have been escalated to billing, please wait for an email reply. The best part of this story, was the cute way customer service call you back, if you decide to not to wait on hold. After ran hour they call you back and let the phone ring once before hanging up. That way they can always say, “hey we did call you back”. Nice... I have a to of faith this will be fixed quickly..
dcfox1
Master
Master

I have not run in to this as on auto renew but the weird thing that several weeks ago there was an amber banner saying the Billing system was temporarily down for and upgrade. There was some post with problems before that but seems the rash of problems started after that so not sure what happen or why it has not been fixed. I would have thought Paypal would work.