poeinator Tutor
Tutor
@ShayneS,

I tried:
1. Clearing app storage
2. Signing out/in
3. Uninstalling the app then reinstalling
4. Editing my Arlo smart subscription

None of those worked. Last attempt, I cancelled my smart subscription then created a new subscription. That restored the "Smart Notifications" section in the settings.

However, after all that I set the Smart Notifications to only be raised for People and Vehicles (not all other motion). A few days later the moving leafs in the wind triggered the notifications.

I have now cancelled my subscription completely. I won't pay for something that doesn't work. The software seems filled with various issues that customer support can't seem to reproduce.
vinella Aspirant
Aspirant

Can someone from Arlo please at least reply to advise us if they are working on this bug. Smart notifications is a paid service - it should get priority. Unless i hear something back I too will cancel my service.

Note I have tried everything in this thread to no avail. clearly there is a bug for some of us. one that Arlo can readily acknowlege for themselves without even contacting any of us because they have access to both our smart notification settings and library which show up the unselected/unwanted notifications !!!

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Guru StephenB Guru
Guru

@vinella wrote:

...one that Arlo can readily acknowlege for themselves without even contacting any of us because they have access to both our smart notification settings and library which show up the unselected/unwanted notifications !!!

Arlo doesn't access your library under normal circumstances (excluding search warrants for example).  That's one reason why there's a "donate video" control in the web interface and app.  You need to expressly give them access to videos you think they should use for training their smart AI engine.