Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Buzzroll
Guide
Guide

I now have basic smart on one camera but have 4 cameras in all. The smart notifications aren't working on that camera. In fact NO notifications are working on tgat camera.

Please help.

213 REPLIES 213
DV76
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here! I reseted the base but after few days the problem Is back!! 

RichSob
Tutor
Tutor

I have tried unlinking Arlo from Google Home and relinking, resetting the base, syncing the devices on google home. I have Also tried to remove smart notification motion alerts but still receive no notifications. Considering cancelling smart option altogether. Really frustrating as it was working perfectly apart from too many notifications. Was also streaming perfectly to tv via google home until smart notifications was purchased. Interestingly my second camera which I did not update with smart subscription still works fine and will still stream to tv via google home. I believe the issue is with Arlo. ARLO. People.....what can you add here!!!

melzar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can't find specifically how to turn off animal detection emails and notifications, but keep them on for people, vehicles, and all other motion.

We have a cat that wanders on our front porch several times per night. I don't want an email about the cat, only an email about if a person is detected. Same with our dog if he moves around on the couch during the day. I only want an email or notification if a person enters the house.

I've already tried going to Edit Mode for the front porch camera.  A box is checked next to "if motion is detected" and if I click the pencil icon, sensitivity is set to 80.

"If motion is detected" is set to "Record video". Both Push Notification and Email Alerts is selected. I'm afraid if I uncheck Email Alerts, I won't get emails about if a person is detected so that won't work.

Outside of edit mode, I've also gone to general settings and then under Arlo Smart to Smart Notifications, Front Porch camera, and deselected Animal and All Other Motion - I've only got Vehicles and People selected there.

Again, I still want to get emails for people, etc. - and I still want animals recorded. I just don't want to get emails or notifications for animals. Thank you!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Look under SETTINGS/MANAGE SMART.../pick camera

toggle off animals

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
melzar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply, but I'd already tried that and continue to get notifications (see screenshot)

Greens19678
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve been having trouble recently getting my cameras to stream to Smartthings. Everything worked fine for as long as I’ve been using Smartthings (approx. 2 years), but the last month or so I’ve been having this issue. All is installed on the Smartthings app as it should be. However, when you click on the play button on any of my 11 cameras the video will not play. Instead this message will appear, “There was a problem retrieving the livestream.” Has anyone else had this issue or have a solution? Thanks

Jjager73
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem here been over a month and. Still cannot find camera video stream error
eshutter
Guide
Guide

Any new years resolutions Netgear? more than a month with no notifications on my 14 cameras. Can't even start a live chat with you guys, thats broken too! 

Tuscan
Tutor
Tutor
I would recommend cancelling the smart notifications. Mine has worked again since going back to my non smart plan.
eshutter
Guide
Guide
What about my 14 cams? I will lose access to 9 of them if I cancel my subscription.
Binary100100
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Tuscan wrote:
I would recommend cancelling the smart notifications. Mine has worked again since going back to my non smart plan.

That's my situation as well.

I have received a reply to my ticket just moments ago:

Thank you for responding. I have discussed this with the team and we have an issue regarding delay or no notification when subscribed to Arlo Smart. We are still working on it and will get back to you as soon as it is fixed.

Regards,

Val
Expert ID: 8316
ARLO L2 Support Expert

So it definitely sounds like they're aware of the issue but doesn't plan on giving us an ETA. Probably because they don't know what's wrong or how to fix it.

Binary100100
Apprentice
Apprentice

@eshutter wrote:
What about my 14 cams? I will lose access to 9 of them if I cancel my subscription.

Wow! Sounds like you wasted a lot of money! Sorry to hear that. Let's hope they get this fixed soon.

But let's run some numbers here.

If you have 14 Arlo Pro 2 cameras that totals to about $2,860 worth of equipment. That's a lot of money! Plus you have to pay the monthly service fee which is $150/yr for Arlo Smart and $150/yr for CVR. That's literally over $3,000 out of your pocket. Wouldn't it be nice if it worked as advertised right out of the box?

Had you chosen Ring instead it would only cost you $2,500 and only $30/yr for unlimited devices because they charge per address, not per device like Arlo.

So yeah... that's where I'm going from now on.

eshutter
Guide
Guide
Yes big investment but at least it's recording events, I have a Ring video door bell so at least that can notify me of movement in one zone.
I don't think your on the mark with Rings' Protect Plus Plan which allows unlimited devices at one address. It's $100US or $150AUD per year which is on par with Arlo.
I am still hopeful Netgear will fix the notification issues this year based on the recent post!
Binary100100
Apprentice
Apprentice

@eshutter wrote:
Yes big investment but at least it's recording events, I have a Ring video door bell so at least that can notify me of movement in one zone.
I don't think your on the mark with Rings' Protect Plus Plan which allows unlimited devices at one address. It's $100US or $150AUD per year which is on par with Arlo.
I am still hopeful Netgear will fix the notification issues this year based on the recent post!

Ah. You're right. I referrenced the Protect Basic Plan by mistake.

Still. $100 is 33% cheaper than $150 for Arlo Smart.

Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have 9 cameras. But cancelled the arlo smart subscription out of frustration. Now all I have is 5 cameras but atleast I get notified now.

The only way to deal with Arlo is not give them any money.

The fact that CVR hasn’t worked for over two years now says it all.

Have you ever noticed that they seem to fix the “taking payment” section of their site quicker than they fix anything else?? Once they have your money. They couldn’t give about anything else.

For the record this lack of notifications is on iPhones and android.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you contacted customer support regarding this issue? I  have provided the link below for you.

Arlo Tech Support

eshutter
Guide
Guide
Your support doesn't work either, nothing happens when I click the continue link to start a chat. Tried on Android Phone and on PC using Firefox and edge browsers.
No option to email.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While I agree that an email section should be there, you haven't tried the phone one.

melzar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bump

secaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Arlo support is a serious waste of time - the techs read off scripts and have zero knowledge of the product. 

I have an Arlo Smart Premier plan - Arlo Smart settings recently blew up on me.

I have all 10 of my cameras enabled for Arlo Smart - but all of a sudden I can no longer edit Arlo Smart notification settings for ANY of my cameras at all period.  Whether I use the website or Android app, when I go into Arlo Smart and expand the settings for an Arlo Smart enabed camera, I am notified that...

"Arlo Smart is active on this camera and you will receive Smart Alerts based on your notification settings. For the best experience we recommend turning ON smart notifications."

... but that's it.  I used to be able to select which type of notification I wanted for each camera, animal, person, vehicle, etc, but now that whole interface is missing.  I discovered this because a camera where I was employing an activity zone suddenly decided it didn't feel like honoring the activity zone... so I started poking around and found all the notification settings were gone for Arlo Smart.  I can still define activity zones, but they don't work worth a flip. 

And the Android app is a pure garbage.

I waste more time fuzting with this system than anything else.  And try as I may to use the latest version of the Arlo Android app, its completely dysfunctional and I have to go back to using an older version which works, basic functions, at least... even if it doesn't have the latest bells and whistles... although, I could not care less about those, I just want the system to work, reliably, and not have to struggle with a thoroughly handicapped Android app...

markjericho
Star
Star

Luminary, I'm experiencing the exact same problems with the Arlo Smart settings today. It was working fine yesterday. I am still getting smart alerts but have no interface any longer to toggle off each one (i.e. animal, person, etc.). I called support this morning and as usual they were completely useless but opened up a case for this. I am still waiting on them to fix issues I've been having with geofencing over the last few weeks so I don't have a high level of confidence anything will be fixed soon.

secaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I'm typically shocked when Arlo actually DOES work...

As infrequently as that is...

And of course, every time I uninstall and reinstall Android app, I get duplicate notifications then have to go through conniptions to fix that...

When I first got my system a couple of years ago, it worked flawlessy... for a couple of months, three tops, then slowly but surely has been downhill ever since...

sward6368
Apprentice
Apprentice

Why is the Arlo employee in this thread suggesting we contact supporrt when MANY of us are reporting the EXACT same issue?  You know there is an issue, many have reported it, fix it, or better yet do not release broken updates in the future.

I have been very happy with my Arlo cameras up until now, and have recommended them to several family members, but becoming more clear that your software development testing standards are fairly poor.

secaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

And suddenly, on top of this, my schedules have blown up - AGAIN.  Used to do this frequently last spring after the fated May updated.  I thought that issues was long gone but here it is yet again.  Arlo just ups and disables my schedules.  This time it disabled my AFTERNOON schedule for ALL THREE of my base stations.  And it also decided to go and disable MONDAY ONLY for my NIGHTTIME slot for ALL THREE of my base stations.  Great security system - sooooooooooo reliable...

sward6368
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yep, my schedule stopped working over the weekend as well.  Even though my schedule for the day and time should have been only partially armed, my mode was the mode that was for a different time (armed).  Did not matter if I was using a combination of geofencing and schedule (which had worked great for the prior 5 months) or just schedule with no geofencing.  Seemed to be working better on Sunday however though.