Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Receiving email that free trial is about to end but I'm paying for subscription?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BGOSNZ
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello, I have a subscription for my Cameras, the monthly fees are taken from my account as agreed. 

I am now getting e mails warning me that the free trial is about to end and I need to subscribe to retain the online library.

I am paid up and like the service for the most part. I do not want to be dumped off the cloud when I am paying to use that for 30 days. ( I can't check the alerts everyday so storage is very important to me)

How do I ensure this does not happen?

Thanks in advance

Brendon

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Assuming you have room left on your subscription to add the camera coming off the trial, use Settings, Subscription, Manage Cameras. Also, consider updating your subscription to the new Arlo Secure which has no limit on the number of cameras.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You can cancel the trial subscription from the app, and then move the camera into the paid subscription via "manage cameras".

BGOSNZ
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi, I can open the subscription thing and when I go to manage cameras it says drag cameras here you can move a max of 5. I have no idea how to do this as when I click on my devices to see the camera this add window vanishes. 

Any pointers to achieve this transfer would be gratefully received. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BGOSNZ wrote:

Hi, I can open the subscription thing and when I go to manage cameras it says drag cameras here you can move a max of 5. I have no idea how to do this as when I click on my devices to see the camera this add window vanishes. 

Any pointers to achieve this transfer would be gratefully received. 

All the cameras (whether subscribed or not) should be in the manage camera list.  No need to go to another screen.

Try my.arlo.com if you are struggling to do this in the app.

@BGOSNZ wrote:

you can move a max of 5.

If you have elite, you should probably change the plan to secure plus.   Similarly if you have premier you should change to secure.  That will give you unlimited cameras for the same price.

BGOSNZ
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi, To be able to drag the cameras into the elite window do I need to remove them from the trial first?

Thanks

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BGOSNZ wrote:

Hi, To be able to drag the cameras into the elite window do I need to remove them from the trial first?

Thanks

Yes - you might need to cancel the trial to do that.

BGOSNZ
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi, I took a camera out of the trial and just as before the dragging doesn't work even though I now have ine sitting there under the banner No Plan. 

I am at a loss to understand what to do next I paid a lot of money to get what I saw as a very good system, I pay $23 a month subscription and I can't add any cameras to the plan.

I feel pretty helpless in regard to this now as I am relying on this system to do as it was supposed to do before I bought and installed it. 

Any ideas what I can try next will be great to read. Thanks. Brendon.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BGOSNZ wrote:

Hi, I took a camera out of the trial and just as before the dragging doesn't work even though I now have ine sitting there under the banner No Plan. 

Are you trying to do this in the PC web browser (my.arlo.com) or in the app?  Which every you are doing, maybe try doing the other one.

BGOSNZ
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have been trying by going to the Arlo home site  and signing into my account that way.

When trying with the App on my phone I see no way to do it and at the bottom of the subscription page it says " Please go to Arlo on the web to manage your plans and cameras"

This would lead me to believe that I am heading down the right track using the web pages so I had another go on my work PC.  I saw on the right of  the camera in the No Plan box were are 3 little ribs which when hovered over show a 4 armed arrow thing, this when clicked on allows the camera to be dragged. I have now deleted the free trial ones from that plan and moved the cameras. I am not sure if that ribbed thing was always there or if it has just shown up or maybe as the display is brighter here it might just be more visible. 

Thanks for your posts and encouragement. Brendon