Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Gryphon159
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had the Arlo smart subscription for a couple of months all working fine, now it’s notifying me of all vehicles and “other” . I have double checked and only people is turned on as a notification , I have set zones to crop out the road and still getting vehicles. I have checked and base and camera is up to date. Reset camera seemed to help for 1/2 a day (perhaps no cars though) is this a known issue as I cannot see the point of paying for a subscription when its not doing what it’s meant to!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

HI Gryphon, the 'other' and 'vehicles' are showing up in your library or are you stating you are receiving notifications on your phone screen about vehicles and others?

thanks,

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

HI Gryphon, the 'other' and 'vehicles' are showing up in your library or are you stating you are receiving notifications on your phone screen about vehicles and others?

thanks,

Gryphon159
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just checked, I’m getting badges and it’s also appearing in the library- but I am not getting banner notifications (except for people) now I am doubting myself but I am sure there was a point where they were not producing badges or appearing in the library
Hondaman174
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue- been happening for about a week now. I have my smart alerts set to people only but am receiving alerts to everything- vehicles, animals, people and motion.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Gryphon159 and Hondaman174,

Have you tried turning off the smart notifications for people, vehicles, animals, and all other motions and turning it back on to see if that helped? Also try disabling and enabling the smart notifications through the web client on your computer.

Boffinboy
Star
Star

Also having this issues on my Pro 3, set to only receive notifications for people, but am getting general motion recordings and notifications

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Boffinboy,

As mentioned above, have you tried turning off the smart notifications and re-enabling it to see if that works? Also try to attempt this through the web client on your computer.

Boffinboy
Star
Star
Unfortunately that’s had the opposite effect. Now I get all sorts of notifications for audio etc. despite them being turned off. This is a clear bug and it’s clearly happened before looking at other community threads. The continued bugginess is really not acceptable given the high purchase cost and the subscription fees I am paying.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to try restarting your Base Station/SmartHub to see if that helps. Otherwise, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.