Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to use camera without Smart subscription. Had to upgrade but is downhill.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Clwilt
Follower
Follower

I can't seem to use my cameras without a subscription.   I'm starting them back up for kidding season.  I had to upgrade my app and things have been downhill since.  I will not pay for a subscription for 4 cameras  when they were free before.  I'll get a full blown security system before spending  money on a subscription.   Service is subpar to warrant paying for service.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you don't subscribe you get the 5 camera/7 day plan automatically. There's nothing to do - just set the system up as you have before.

CGerardT
Aspirant
Aspirant
Try “removing“ camera from app and reinstalling. I had same problem with 2 of the 4 cameras. Worked for me.
mauijer
Apprentice
Apprentice

So is the consensus all cameras must be removed and Re-added to activate the basic free plan?  I agree, having spent over $1000 dollars on 5 cameras that haven't worked well over the past year has been a mistake. The Arlo Pro 2 system was superior in PIR distance detection and 7 day free cloud recordings. 

CGerardT
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don’t know about “consensus”, but it’s the only thing that worked for me. I have the basic Arlo cameras VMC3030.