Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Clwilt
Follower
Follower

I can't seem to use my cameras without a subscription.   I'm starting them back up for kidding season.  I had to upgrade my app and things have been downhill since.  I will not pay for a subscription for 4 cameras  when they were free before.  I'll get a full blown security system before spending  money on a subscription.   Service is subpar to warrant paying for service.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you don't subscribe you get the 5 camera/7 day plan automatically. There's nothing to do - just set the system up as you have before.

CGerardT
Aspirant
Aspirant
Try “removing“ camera from app and reinstalling. I had same problem with 2 of the 4 cameras. Worked for me.
mauijer
Apprentice
Apprentice

So is the consensus all cameras must be removed and Re-added to activate the basic free plan?  I agree, having spent over $1000 dollars on 5 cameras that haven't worked well over the past year has been a mistake. The Arlo Pro 2 system was superior in PIR distance detection and 7 day free cloud recordings. 

CGerardT
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don’t know about “consensus”, but it’s the only thing that worked for me. I have the basic Arlo cameras VMC3030.