Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
dmarakowski
Guide
Guide

Hi all,

I have 5 Arlo Pros, and I have the new "Premier" plan.  With the new announcement today with Alro Smart, person detection, motion zones, etc., I cannot find these settings anywhere in the iOS app or Web site.  On the web, when I click "Manage Arlo Smart" I see this information and nothing else.  Where can I setup these new settings that were announced today?

Active Cameras

Devices with Arlo Smart
No cameras found.

Inactive Cameras

Devices without Arlo Smart
58 REPLIES 58
rwxrwx
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm having the same issue and I'm subscribed to the Premier service.  What gives?

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

We started the roll-out of Arlo Smart last night, however it may take up to 24 hours for the new feature to be available in your account. Sorry that wasn't pointed out in the FAQ! 

dmarakowski
Guide
Guide
That should have been pointed out in the press release provided to all the blogs I subscribe too, which all stated “now available”.

But thanks for the update!
Johnwalk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the clarification
rwxrwx
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the update

JTelleria
Guide
Guide

I was having the same issue.  I've been subscribed to the Premier Annual plan for my Arlo cameras.  I upgraded to the new version of the Arlo app on my iPhone earlier today.  But I was unable to complete the E911 setup, receiving an error message that my account doesn't support Emergency Plan.   And none of my cameras were showing up as Active when I'd go to the Smart Notifications settings.  I called Arlo technical support.  They had me first downgrade my subscription from Premier Annual to Basic.  Then upgrade to Arlo Smart Premier.  All of the new Smart features (E911, Smart Notifications, etc)  are now working.   Not sure if my account would have eventually been converted automatically to Smart Premier if I had just waited a day or two.

Grego30
Tutor
Tutor

Just did the same and that worked.  Good info

JarheadTN
Guide
Guide

dmarakowski - I have been having the same problem since the features appeared.  I found JTelleria's post below and followed his lead.  I switched my account to basic which I hope will send a prorated refund to my credit card and then upgraded to the Arlo Smart Premier noticing that it just said Premier before.
My cameras now appear in the Setup for the Manage Arlo Smart and I assume the e911 will now allow setup.

Shame they could not have given us an automatic fix.

Grego30
Tutor
Tutor

As mentioned above I did the same but cloud motion zones dont work.  Setup them all up and they wont trigger recordings or notifications.  Go back to normal and face detection and notifications work.

Wonder if they are still implementing back end upgrades.

Grego30
Tutor
Tutor

Deleted all motion zones and re-added them.  Seem to be working now but realability seems a bit weak.  When you add cloud motion zones on battery cameras it resets all motion sensitivity to 80%.  Seems you need to retweak these.  Would be nice if you could have individual sensitivity zones.  I work for one of largest security camera mfc in world and we have this in our low end cameras.  I went Arlo instead of my own equipment to try it and not have to run cable in my house for PoE.  Hope this is the first release and they continue to update.  Would nice to have the pre-buffer enabled also without having them plugged in.  

Netgear any thoughts on SMART getting pre-buffer?

Grego30
Tutor
Tutor

Switched all back to fullscreen non-motion zone. Too inconsistent.  Some detections other times now and then only 1 detection even though motion event for continous 2 mins.  I think they set a timeout between motion events to avoid annoying users.  In all actuality you need pre and post buffer.  They should also record to cloud while event is active..not the standard 19-23 second clip then you need act of god to keep the trigger going.

Like the system alot but for the money it needs to be better.  Plus they are looking at IPO I think.

Johnwalk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well it's been over 24 hours and still no new features in my account. Canadian premium account on Android
Johnwalk
Aspirant
Aspirant
I see the option on the website. But, when I click it it takes me to subscriptions. Already have a premium account.
JTelleria
Guide
Guide

@Johnwalk wrote:
I see the option on the website. But, when I click it it takes me to subscriptions. Already have a premium account.

You won’t get the Smart features if your subscription is the regular Premier annual.   When I called Arlo phone support, they had me first temporarily downgrade my subscription to Basic, then upgrade to Smart Premier.  I know, this is a confusing way to go about it.  Why couldn’t they automatically upgrade existing Premier accounts to Smart Premier as the annual cost is the same?

JTelleria
Guide
Guide

duplicate post

Johnwalk
Aspirant
Aspirant
The problem is that it doesn't say smart premier for me. There is only premier and elite.
JTelleria
Guide
Guide

The Smart Premier option didn’t show up for me until I had downgraded to Basic.

Johnwalk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately this is not the case for me. Still only says Premium and Elite.

Are you in Canada as I think this is a typical issue of Canada getting services late always.

JTelleria
Guide
Guide

No, I’m in the US.  Could very well be the Smart subscriptions haven’t yet been made available in Canada.

Johnwalk
Aspirant
Aspirant

The text in the Premier option says

Enable Arlo Smart for all your cameras & store recordings longer.
Rolling 30 days of cloud recordings
Support for up to 10 Arlo cameras
Enhanced notifications that tell you what Arlo sees and hears, right from your smart phone lock screen.

So it does have smart in the text but not the name.

Thanks for time my friend. Unfortunately Canadians hosed again. 🙂
DarthJedi
Guide
Guide
I have the Smart feature set to people only and it is still reporting regular motion. It is also reporting on motion that clearing is happening outside of the zones I set up. Arlo smart is not so smart so far, what gives?
Divvydave
Star
Star
UK account. Signed up to Premier over 24h ago and still no new features. I’m on iOS app and it’s fully updated. Any ideas?
JalmWouters
Tutor
Tutor

Same here in The Netherlands; signed up with the premium service (didn't have a paid subscription before), which mentioned the Arlo Smart-features, but no options to enable it on my camera's. I can click on an "Arlo Smart" tab when I log in online, but get redirected to the subscription page when I clink on it.

wakevortex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same here in Spain. 

‘I have paid the year in advance for Arlo smart but nothing on any of cameras 

where is what I paid for Netgear?

and yes I have deleted and reinstalled the app

my subs also shows only premier and CVR despite having paid for Arlo Smart this morning

any ideas??

Bill P