Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Arlo Smart features, where?

Discussion stats
dmarakowski
Guide
Guide

Hi all,

I have 5 Arlo Pros, and I have the new "Premier" plan.  With the new announcement today with Alro Smart, person detection, motion zones, etc., I cannot find these settings anywhere in the iOS app or Web site.  On the web, when I click "Manage Arlo Smart" I see this information and nothing else.  Where can I setup these new settings that were announced today?

Active Cameras

Devices with Arlo Smart
No cameras found.

Inactive Cameras

Devices without Arlo Smart
58 REPLIES 58
Divvydave
Star
Star
@wakevortex ouch! 1 year, not good if they don’t fix it. If it’s not supported hopefully you’ll get a refund
wakevortex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes ..if I downgrade to basic I get a refund...then purchasing the smart subscription premier for a year again makes no difference.....smart in the description when BUYING but not in the description of what I am subscribed to when back in the app.

come on Netgear.....what’s happening here please? 

Bill P 

Ash130
Tutor
Tutor

snap!

in the uk, and dont work here either

DarthJedi
Guide
Guide

It looks like no one from Arlo is responding. I know I can't pay for somthing that is not working.

JalmWouters
Tutor
Tutor

Community-manager "James C" posted this in another thread today. Which would mean that if you're living outside of the US, all you will be getting for your paid membership is longer online storage an support for 5 more camera's ...

JamesC
Community Manager

Re: paid for premier and have got none of the new smart features

Ash130,

Arlo Smart is currently available only in the US. An announcement will be made when it becomes available in other countries.

JamesC

StretfordEnder
Apprentice
Apprentice

UK user being encouraged to upgrade, do so, and not given a free month trial or offered the actual advertised "smart" functionality. Downgraded and still no "smart" option. Given up. Will remain on basic.

The post sales service from Netgear/Arlo has been poor for the 9-10 months I've had the thing. This latest debacle comes as no surprise to me. That and the continuing silence over whether HomeKit will ever appear on Arlo Pro/Pro 2. Its frankly taking the p*55.

Ash130
Tutor
Tutor

thats funny, as i got this from their chat support

Dear Ashley,

Thank you for choosing NETGEAR!

I have checked with our team and verified that the Arlo Smart is indeed available for all Regions except the E911 feature. Since you already have subscribed to Premier Plan today, I suggest checking all your app versions. You may go to Settings and tap on About to check the app versions.

For Android mobile devices, please make sure to have the Arlo app Version 2.5.2 and all iOS mobile devices should have 2.5.3 versions. If all has been verified to be updated and the Arlo Smart function is stil not available, you may refer to the steps provided below;

1. Uninstall and re-install your Arlo apps.
  2. Try to login to a web browser and check if it shows the same content with the Arlo app.
  3. Power cycle your base station

think somebody somewhere is eating a toffee crisp:)

StretfordEnder
Apprentice
Apprentice
In my experience support staff know little about the products they are offering support for. I’m afraid my advice would be “don’t believe a word they say”

It’s been suggested above that the smart features despite being emailed to all customers are actually only available to US customers at present. Of course, Netgear didn’t think to say that before we outside the US all subscribed. We should all sue them for misleading information.
Ash130
Tutor
Tutor

very true,

or they could send us all pro 2 to use while we wait for the new features we paid for allready,

StretfordEnder
Apprentice
Apprentice
@Ash130 can we all live in your dream world 😉
wakevortex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Agreed....if it is NOT available outside USA then they should say so very clearly

poor......very poor customer service

guess I will downgrade and get my money back......do I get my time wasted reimbursed as well I wonder?

Bill P 

Czealley
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just wanted to add that I'm having the exact same issues in Australia. Have tried all suggested steps. Shows "Premier" with smart features mentioned, but nothing changes after subscription.
StretfordEnder
Apprentice
Apprentice
@Czealley apparently US only for now. Didn’t bother explaining that though in the sign up procedure.
Zegor
Star
Star

With such a botched up release - even their Twitter account is contradicting itself: https://twitter.com/ArloSmartHome/status/1005127461292503040 - you'd think they'd at least be transparent about when it will become available outside the USA other than "keep checking for updates".

Well, if I relied on the Arlo Twitter feed for updates, I'd think it was already available!

Grr...

wakevortex
Apprentice
Apprentice

This page is ALSO still up...why?

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/landing/arlosmart/

it clearly states only ONE feature is ONLY available in the US 

Arlo Smart Premier

Enable Arlo Smart for all your cameras & store recordings longer.

$9.99

per month

• Rolling 30 days of cloud recordings
  • Support for up to 10 Arlo cameras

Enhanced notifications that tell you what Arlo sees and hears, right from your smart phone lock screen.

• User-defined motion zones to reduce false notifications
  • Filter unwanted notifications with person detection
  • Guide emergency responders directly to your home, no matter where you call from, with e911
  • Feature is available in the United States only.

forgive me , but surely that means all others ARE available OUTSIDE the us, otherwise why bother mentioning it !

and why send emails to customers all over the world without mentioning you cant actually have the features they have just emailed you about ! 

botched beyond belief...

Bill P

Zegor
Star
Star

So I've just spent over one hour with support via live chat. They checked with another department and said initial issues with the international rollout of Arlo Smart have been fixed and I should downgrade, then upgrade and try again.

I tried that with them - same issue. Doesn't work. So it's all useless. I'll just wait and see what people say, rather than Arlo, before trying again.

StretfordEnder
Apprentice
Apprentice
As far as I can gather the clue is in the plan name. If when you upgrade you get offered “Smart Premier” etc then you’re good to go. Ordinary “Premier” does NOT include the extra functionality. It’s the word “smart” (ironically!) which is the key.
wakevortex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sadly not...I was offered SMART Premier  when on the payment page ...but once I HAD paid, the  SMART  had dissapeared  in my subscription in my account to just Premier...

tried twice...same issue.....

Basically ..they have failed big time on this ...

Bill P

Ash130
Tutor
Tutor

yeah me too, was really looking forward to some much needed smart options, i was going to buy nest one but the arlo gave you free recording! but now i have to pay for the better options i should have gone the other way as motion zones are standard on nest

StretfordEnder
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’ve tried twice and never been offered Smart anything. Just Premier.

Major **bleep** up by Netgear to add to the many others lately.
wakevortex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Here you go..Ive just unsubscribed to Premier (again ) and here is what im offered which  CLEARLY mentions the enhanced smart notifications.... ! 

Premier

Enable Arlo Smart for all your cameras & store recordings longer.
Rolling 30 days of cloud recordings
Support for up to 10 Arlo cameras
Enhanced notifications that tell you what Arlo sees and hears, right from your smart phone lock screen.

€89/yr
+ tax

sigh netgear ! 

Bill P

StretfordEnder
Apprentice
Apprentice
No mate you missed my point. The new plan is called “Smart Premier” not just “Premier”. Ignore the sales lines flogging it. Just concentrate on the title of the plan. My understanding is the plan is officially called “Smart Premier” not just “Premier”

Netgear strikes again!
wakevortex
Apprentice
Apprentice

haha indeed...forgive me for reading from their description what I thought I was actually paying for 🙂 

BP 

StretfordEnder
Apprentice
Apprentice
**bleep** no. That would be polite and customer friendly. No we have to subscribe, waste money then not get what we’ve been promised. And Netgear adopts ifs infamous silence on the matter.
jdubbs413
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Smart Premier for those in the US and Arlo Premier for those not in the US that don't have the smart features 🙂