Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
VeronikaTMoore
Tutor
Tutor

We have 2xVMB4000 base stations, 4xPro 2 cameras, 1 doorbell and 2xPro 3 floodlight cameras and a Go camera (not yet configured). At present we have 2 original solar panels for the Pro 2 and both current Pro 3 floodlights have solar panels. So this is a serious investment in Arlo products.

Previously had a 10 camera plan but in order to get the Pro 3 floodlight working, we cancelled the trial subrcription and updated the plan (as we had 5 cameras at the time) but got the 2nd Pro3 floodlight (on trial subscription) and the Go since then. We are also wanting a 3rd Pro 3 floodlight later this year.

Seems we need new plan product that supports 10 cameras plan that we can upgrade to which supports 2k cameras (Europe - Hungary). The alternative seems messy and confusing having a whole series of plans associated with the one account.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The current idea is a 5 camera plan (either the Premier or Elite) and then discounted additional single camera subscriptions. There have been a number of complaints about all of this but I don't see it changing, at least any time soon. In some ways, this new approach can be easier to manage since you only get subs for the cameras you have but then it can be more problematic, especially learning thata your legacy plan needs to be canceled.

DOTTAT2
Guide
Guide
Complaints? Yeah I'd call completely disabling cameras that don't have plans from being able to be used would be a compaint. Roger that.

Currently taking arlo to court over my case.