Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Too many motion notification and recordings which drained batteries in 2 days

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
steffielew
Follower
Follower

I tried the Arlo Smart plan for about a week and I hated it. I received approximately 5 motion notifications to my phone but when I logged in to my account, there were hundreds of recordings of the sun moving across my driveway, which of course, only served to drain the batteries after only 2 days. So I cancelled the smart plan with every expectation of going back to having no plan at all, and just having my cameras work as they did prior to the smart plan trial... and they did for a few weeks. Then this weekend I started back getting the smart notifications (person, vehicle, animal detection) and when I logged in, there were a hundred recordings of my driveway. Any ideas on how I can get rid of the smart plan once and for all and  "reset" my cameras to their original settings? If not, I may have to trash these things and go with SimpliSafe. 

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like you have multiple issues. Check your subscriptions in Settings to make sure the sub has actually been canceled.

As for the many recordings, camera positioning and/or sensitivity settings will be the solution. Many of us use reduced motion sensitivity in custom modes to prevent the sun's IR from false triggering as the sun changes position over the seasons. You can then use the schedule to automate switching as needed.

It may also be useful to reposition the camera, if possible. Eliminating excessive scene from the camera's view can make a huge difference.