Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Joetibrani
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am from Australia and when o first installed my cams, there was a software update with the capability to choose what you want to be notified - People, Vehicle, Animal, Others. A few days ago there was a glitch w one of my cams and my app updated itself and lost that capability. Can someone advice on that. Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Can you check that that particular camera is still enabled for Arlo Smart?

Joetibrani
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Steve, thank you for the response but where do i go to verify and validate that?

Joetibrani
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Steve, attached is a screenshot of my Device Setting - seems like none of my ca ml is Arlo Smart enabled. Is that correct?! If so how do i do it? Thanks.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Very strange. Under the Arlo Smart heading and I think above "Call a friend" should be a "manage devices". Check your web browser access to see if that menu is there

Joetibrani
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Steve i can t access it. That s the thing, i used to be able to. Attached is my base station firmware. Is this the latest? What else should i do?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Joetibrani,

Are you seeing this problem when trying to check through the web client on your computer?

Joetibrani
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Jessica, to date i ve been checking and working on the Arlo phone app. Can you pls elaborate in this client site via computer. Attached is a screenshot of my app as you can see under device setting the Arlo Smart not tied to any of my cam.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Joetibrani
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank for the link. I went into arlo web portal and realized under 'Manage Arlo Smart', there are no active cameras found. How do i make my cams active?
Joetibrani
Aspirant
Aspirant
What i did i removed my devices, uninstalled and re installed my app, then the Arlo Smart notification. But now it shows both my cams are inactive which is not true. How do i make them active? This is getting to be a pain.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When in that screen, use the Edit at the top to activate them.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

As above, click Edit and you should be able to drag each one to a section that activates smart for them