Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
I cannot wait for Arlo to drop their multi sense sensor! I’m assuming that since it will be able to detect water leaks it will be somewhat water proof so I’ll be able to use it outside as a trigger for my cameras to start recording, has this crossed anyone else’s mind?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I think we're jumping the gun here. There's been an announcement about sensors but absolutely nothing about what bases they'll work with. Since they're not released yet, it would be a simple update to the various base firmwares, including the Utra, to allow them to work. Updates have happened before to firmware to allow new products to work prior to actually becoming real product releases. I don't have inside info but I strongly suspect the sensors will work on all bases, not just Ultra.

The Ultra systems currently include a free 1 year subscription to Premier so no issue with 7 days free. If you don't subscribe at the end of the year, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that the free 7 days remains for at least the older wireless cameras and local recording at 1080p will remain for the Ultras. It's also been promised to allow access to the local recordings without the need to remove the card in advance of anyone having to make the choice at the end of the free year.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gwiz88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does anyone know if the sensor work with the pro 2 base. 

I am considering to buy the Arlo pro 2 system with 2 or 3 cameras.

I will get 2 cameras if the motion sensor can function with my base as a smoke detector.

Otherwise I will just get 3 cameras and use one camera as an internal sound sensor for my existing smoke alarms.  

Wondering what to do? Get the extra cam as a make shift smoke sensor or wait for the sensor to see if it works with pro 2 base?

Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
I do not think the Arlo Pro 2 base station will work with the new sensors considering that arlo ultra comes with a smart hub to enable the new products coming up. It might work but I’m not clear on it but I know for sure the arlo ultra smart hub will work with the new upcoming system
gwiz88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah I think you might be right. 

I think will avoid the new smart hub as I would like the 7 days storage that comes with the Pro 2 and the Ultra is pricey. I hope they will stick to that claim of the 7 days in the future. 

Then I will hope the sensor will work for me, if not I will maybe add a 3rd camera instead.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I think we're jumping the gun here. There's been an announcement about sensors but absolutely nothing about what bases they'll work with. Since they're not released yet, it would be a simple update to the various base firmwares, including the Utra, to allow them to work. Updates have happened before to firmware to allow new products to work prior to actually becoming real product releases. I don't have inside info but I strongly suspect the sensors will work on all bases, not just Ultra.

The Ultra systems currently include a free 1 year subscription to Premier so no issue with 7 days free. If you don't subscribe at the end of the year, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that the free 7 days remains for at least the older wireless cameras and local recording at 1080p will remain for the Ultras. It's also been promised to allow access to the local recordings without the need to remove the card in advance of anyone having to make the choice at the end of the free year.

gwiz88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well I thought the 7 days would also come after subscription expires. But not according to this which was posted earlier this month. https://kb.arlo.com/000062163/Where-is-the-Basic-Subscription-plan

And good advice/thoughts on the sensor. We will have to wait and see. Let's hope they work with the old bases.