Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pets alerts not working properly

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Ablekiwi
Tutor
Tutor

My dogs keep setting of camera have upgraded so i can choose settings for pets tho no change can some1 advise please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ablekiwi
Tutor
Tutor
I paid to get extras that come with a subscription.
Anmail been one surely if it can tell me ones there it can be told not to notice or alert me. Iv toggled all settings and only have person aleart active. If these functions are just telling me motion why do i need paid access

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sensitivity setting changes may be useful as well as toggling the various Smart settings.

Ablekiwi
Tutor
Tutor
I paid to get extras that come with a subscription.
Anmail been one surely if it can tell me ones there it can be told not to notice or alert me. Iv toggled all settings and only have person aleart active. If these functions are just telling me motion why do i need paid access
shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary

Totally agree. 

I understand the system works by recording all movement. Then the server decides what notification to or not to send you.

The whole selling point of "Smart Notifications" is you tell the system what notifications you want, and you pay for that convenience.

But.................It's rubbish. I still receive notifications for "Movement" Even though I tell the system, I do not want it. I only want to see "People" Then it will send me mutiple person Notifications. If that movement is detected in my "Acivity Zone".

My camera sees my front door and my Neighbours. I don't want a notification every time my neigbours have a visitor, put the cat out, or go to work. I don't mind recording it. I get that the camera records what it sees.

But you are selling us less notifications, for a price. 

We have paid the price, Now you need to deliver.

Or whats the point of having it.

Its called false advertising in my business.

Update:  I have found if I activate "package detection" on my camera. Then I only receive Person Notifications and not Movement notifications. This may help you to with your pets being detected and notiyfing you.

Will experiment more.

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary
Experimented and failed. Its no better. Still getting general motion notifications.
shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary
5 notifications, for motion, the same event.
I only asked to be notified for people.