Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
klaerke
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I'm about to purchase three Arlo cameras. I want only one of them under the Smart plan. The rest of the cameras will only be used for live streaming. Is this possible? Or will I have to pay for the 5 camera plan even though I will not be using the plan for more than one of my cameras?

Thanks and regards,

Morten

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@klaerke wrote:

I'm about to purchase three Arlo cameras. I want only one of them under the Smart plan. The rest of the cameras will only be used for live streaming. Is this possible?

Single camera plans are available.  https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

klaerke
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for you reply. But is it possible to have more than one camera in your setup where only one of them is in the single camera plan?

What I am afraid will happen is that if I add more cameras to my setup, the plan changes automatically to the 'Multi camera' plan.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, what cameras? Not all need a plan unless you want a specific feature. Then, I would be very surprised if adding single cameras suddenly switched to a multi-camera plan. I suppose that could happen if it's determined that such a switch would be more cost-effective.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@klaerke wrote:

Thanks for you reply. But is it possible to have more than one camera in your setup where only one of them is in the single camera plan?

I believe yes.  My setup is similar - I have a 5 camera elite plan, but have 3 pro 2 cameras in the same account that have no subscription.  That should also work with a single camera plan.