Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 41 Replies
  • 33 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
coolass123
Star
Star

Is anybody else having problem purchasing cvr plan Arlo website will not let me Choose my cameras

41 REPLIES 41
BrianRichards
Guide
Guide
Level 2 support doesn't even have a way to fix this. All they can do is refer it to their moronic engineering team who they told me already knows, and has done nothing about any of it.

They seem exasperated over it, but that shouldn't be our problem.
BrianRichards
Guide
Guide
There's still no way to manage the existing cameras into the existing subscriptions.

As far as trying to do it as a purchase, you have just swapped one error message for another, one step later.
coolass123
Star
Star
Still same problem can’t get Cvr plan after the update Arlo what is the problem this is taking 3 months too sort out what a JOKE
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for the update everyone. The development team will continue to look into reports regarding this issue. We'll be sure to provide update with the community when we hear new information.

In the meantime, I would suggest to cancel your CVR plan and resubscribe again and choose the camera you would like to have your CVR plan on. We appreciate your patience and understanding in regards to this.

BrianRichards
Guide
Guide
Unsubscribing was bad advice as a workaround.

Now I have NO cvr cameras, and my family and I are less protected.

The subscribe button circled in this screenshot DOES NOTHING when clicked.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey BrianRichards,

Let me reach out to you via private message in regards to the problem you're having to re-subscribe to CVR and to gather more information from you.

BrianRichards
Guide
Guide
Yeah let's keep all this in public for the whole world.

I already have a case with support who never gets back in a timely way, and shrugs their shoulders over this issue. Thanks.

The software and support is killing this product.
dmarakowski
Guide
Guide

Same issue here.  I have been trying to add a CVR plans for months, but the "subscribe now" button is not actually clickable.  I just tried to open a support case, and guess what, every time I try to open a case online, I get the error message attached.

BrianRichards
Guide
Guide
Figured out why this isn't fixed.

It's a money grab.

And Jessica's advice to cancel fits into it.

It all works perfectly fine once you give in and pay their new higher rates.

You have to surrender your free year, surrender your annual price cvr bundle, and pay more for less.

Once you do that it all works fine.

Both Jessica and support pushed me to cancel and resubscribe.

I am now paying significantly more for something that we had a previous contract for that was not expired.

This is why support can't fix this. Managenent doesn't want them to.

Probably needs to be referred to authorities or class action lawyers somewhere.
liamd1
Tutor
Tutor

This company is a joke - it's so obviously in the control of "money men" with consequent zero respect for actual customers. First there was the split from Netgear & more recently the sale of the European part of the business. 

JC50
Aspirant
Aspirant
Are you trying to do this on your phone or computer. I noticed you can’t do everything on your phone that you can on the computer.
liamd1
Tutor
Tutor

I have tried both - slightly different error messages

Tong
Tutor
Tutor

Still not working

Tong
Tutor
Tutor

I had same problem... let me know if your solved..

zanelato29
Aspirant
Aspirant
coolass123
Star
Star
My Cvr is back up after 3 months put my 1 year free subscription as gone I have rang them too get it back on I don’t care what they say I had 6 months left on it there trying to get it back on what a joke if they don’t I will plaster what they have done everywhere social media what a outfit
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The "Subscribe Now" button for CVR should now be working. If the "Subscribe Now" button is still not working, please let us know.

And to change/manage your CVR camera, you will need to go to Settings > Subscriptions > CVR Plan > Change Plan and then select the desired camera for CVR and complete the subscription flow.