Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 41 Replies
  • 33 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
coolass123
Star
Star

Is anybody else having problem purchasing cvr plan Arlo website will not let me Choose my cameras

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The "Subscribe Now" button for CVR should now be working. If the "Subscribe Now" button is still not working, please let us know.

And to change/manage your CVR camera, you will need to go to Settings > Subscriptions > CVR Plan > Change Plan and then select the desired camera for CVR and complete the subscription flow.

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41
Kevhar
Initiate
Initiate

Yes, same problem here. The CVR subscription page correctly lists my Pro 2 cameras, but I can't select them to subscribe. I opened a ticket with Arlo yesterday, but not resolution yet.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Sreenadh
Apprentice
Apprentice

So Arlo just updated their website and app to move the "Manage Camera Status" from settings to the subscription section to "Manage Cameras" but in the process they removed the option to add and remove camera's to the CVR, section. Bring back that "Manage Camera Status" option so we can freely move our cameras into CVR or atleast fix it so we can edit cameras in the CVR plan we are already paying for!

Even the help article is not updated and they think you still have that option to go to "Manage Camera Status", when it doesn't exist: https://kb.arlo.com/1018425/What-is-continuous-video-recording-CVR-and-how-do-I-use-it

It says: 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use and manage CVR

When you have a CVR subscription, you can access 14 or 30 days of continuous video recording, depending on what subscription you have. You can also change which camera records using the CVR feature. (FALSE)

To change which camera uses CVR:

1. Launch the Arlo app or log in to my.arlo.com.
  2. Tap or click Settings > Subscription > Manage Camera Status.
  3. Tap or click and hold the grabber icon on the right side of the camera name.
  4. Move the camera to Move camera here.
  5. Select a different camera.
  6. Move the camera to CVR Move a CVR eligible camera here."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you click "Manage Cameras" which is the new "Manage Camera Status" option, you only have the option to activate and deactive Arlo Camera's within the plan, you DO NOT have an option to drag and drop into CVR anymore, look at the screenshots below. FIX THIS!

I have all arlo pro 2 and 3 and i cant even remove the one camera that is in the CVR plan now out of the two I pay for. I called arlo support and 45 minutes later, the solution they gave was to upgrade to the new CVR plan for $9.99. That is NOT a solution because I am playing $248 for 20 cameras and 2 CVR plans and if i upgrade the CVR plan to $9.99 each month then i would be paying $240 a year just for two CVR plans PLUS the arlo elite plan. I do not know why Arlo makes it SO difficult to edit your plan, you should have an option to edit CVR or cancel CVR without editting anything else. Every time arlo changes something with the subscription plan, they always mess something up! Fix this!

Look at the screenshots below to show how the "Manage Camera Status" is no longer available and how the option to drag and drop into CVR under Manage Cameras isnt even an option:

SCREENSHOTS:
    https://imgur.com/a/GShCwYd

Sreenadh
Apprentice
Apprentice

SCREENSHOTS OF ISSUE: 

No "Manage Camera Status option" only Manage Cameras option is available, which doesn't let you edit CVR

Arlo Issue #1.PNG

When you click Manage Cameras, there is no option drag and drop in CVR anymore!

Arlo Issue #2.PNG

Sreenadh
Apprentice
Apprentice

So Arlo just updated their website and app to move the "Manage Camera Status" from settings to the subscription section to "Manage Cameras" but in the process they removed the option to add and remove camera's to the CVR, section. Bring back that "Manage Camera Status" option so we can freely move our cameras into CVR or atleast fix it so we can edit cameras in the CVR plan we are already paying for!

Even the help article is not updated and they think you still have that option to go to "Manage Camera Status", when it doesn't exist: https://kb.arlo.com/1018425/What-is-continuous-video-recording-CVR-and-how-do-I-use-it

It says: 

Use and manage CVR

When you have a CVR subscription, you can access 14 or 30 days of continuous video recording, depending on what subscription you have. You can also change which camera records using the CVR feature. (FALSE)

To change which camera uses CVR:

1. Launch the Arlo app or log in to my.arlo.com.
  2. Tap or click Settings > Subscription > Manage Camera Status.
  3. Tap or click and hold the grabber icon on the right side of the camera name.
  4. Move the camera to Move camera here.
  5. Select a different camera.Move the camera to CVR Move a CVR eligible camera here."

If you click "Manage Cameras" which is the new "Manage Camera Status" option, you only have the option to activate and deactive Arlo Camera's within the plan, you DO NOT have an option to drag and drop into CVR anymore, look at the screenshots below. FIX THIS!

I have all arlo pro 2 and 3 and i cant even remove the one camera that is in the CVR plan now out of the two I pay for. I called arlo support and 45 minutes later, the solution they gave was to upgrade to the new CVR plan for $9.99. That is NOT a solution because I am playing $248 for 20 cameras and 2 CVR plans and if i upgrade the CVR plan to $9.99 each month then i would be paying $240 a year just for two CVR plans PLUS the arlo elite plan. I do not know why Arlo makes it SO difficult to edit your plan, you should have an option to edit CVR or cancel CVR without editting anything else. Every time arlo changes something with the subscription plan, they always mess something up! Fix this!

Look at the screenshots below to show how the "Manage Camera Status" is no longer available and how the option to drag and drop into CVR under Manage Cameras isnt even an option:

SCREENSHOTS: (Also in second post)
https://imgur.com/a/GShCwYd

Dan29
Guide
Guide
Does anyone have a problem buying a cvr plan. I’m trying to buy one and it tells me htpp failure
Dan29
Guide
Guide
I too I’m having a problem I’m trying to buy a cvr plan and a orange bar comes out telling me hptt failure I have contacted support but no fix. It’s been two days now arlo sucks
coolass123
Star
Star

It’s been 2 weeks for me I spoke to Arlo this morning again still no joy 

CARLOS1Pr
Tutor
Tutor

Having the same problem, no solution!

Dan29
Guide
Guide
I canceled my Arlo smart subscription and subscribed again with the car plan and the Arlo smart at the same time. Apparently Arlo won’t allow different billing cycles
liamd1
Tutor
Tutor

Same here - and the same response from Support. This is a joke.

CARLOS1Pr
Tutor
Tutor
The problems is that I recently bought the Arlo Ultra and I have 1 year free, I have to wait 1 year to my problem be resolved? Thats a jake!!!
Dan29
Guide
Guide
That’s what they told me. But since I really wanted the cvr plan I canceled the free one and paid I know I’m a sucker
CARLOS1Pr
Tutor
Tutor
Woww, thats not a Solution because I pay 1k dollar for 4 Cameras and thats include my subscription thay charged on the money that we all ready pay they don’t lose money, we are loosing money and pay more for less with the new smart plans!
Iliketea
Guide
Guide

I have had the same issue since OCTOBER!  Still no fix on this issue.  Just curious.  I am using Pro 2 cameras.  I was told that this was an issue with Pro 2 cameras only.  If that is the case, I may purchase a more expensive camera to make this work.  I MUST have this feature or we be forced to use something else.

Iliketea
Guide
Guide

I have been waiting since October for a fix.  Is this with all cameras or just Pro 2?

coolass123
Star
Star
It’s the same Issue with Arlo ultra cameras as well
BrianRichards
Guide
Guide
Arlo owes me some money.

I pay for 4 cvr, but only 2 are assigned, and its no longer possible to manage them.

You are stealing from me.
BrianRichards
Guide
Guide
Same problem. I pay for 4, only 2 are assigned, impossible to assign the other two.
sg50
Initiate
Initiate

Yes, been having the same issue with Arlo support - they have been working on this for me for nearly two months, what is the IT support doing?  I can't even select the CVR plan in the subscription section.  So sad.

coolass123
Star
Star
I’m still the same 3 months now and still can’t get Cvr plan not good Arlo
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The development team deployed an update in regards to this issue. You should be able to purchase the CVR plan and/or choose which Arlo camera to have your CVR plan as. If you are still experiencing the issue, please let us know and provide a screenshot of the error you're receiving.

Iliketea
Guide
Guide

No.  Still not working.  The button to upgrade doesn't work just like before.  This is after trying the app, trying to update the app, and trying on three different computers (Win 10 Pro and Win 8 Pro) with Firefox, Chrome, IE, Opera, and Edge.  All cases still doesn't work.  I have started rolling out Google Nest cameras that do record instead of purchasing more Arlos, so this is less of an issue as I am now using a different brand of camera.

Iliketea
Guide
Guide

No. Not solved.  Still not working.  The button to upgrade doesn't work just like before.  This is after trying the app, trying to update the app, and trying on three different computers (Win 10 Pro and Win 8 Pro) with Firefox, Chrome, IE, Opera, and Edge.  All cases still doesn't work.