Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
AngeloM
Arlo Employee Retired

Introducing Arlo Smart. Intelligence for your Arlo. Extra peace of mind for you. Arlo Smart adds intelligence to your Arlo cameras to give you a more personal and purposeful home security experience.

Want to learn more about Arlo Smart? Below you can find all the resources you'll need to know about Arlo Smart and how to set it up on your Arlo Security System. Check out these YouTube videos below:

Meet Arlo Smart:

Reduce Unwanted Notifications on Arlo Smart:

Enhanced Lock Screen Notifications on Arlo Smart:

Respond to Emergencies Quickly with e911 | Arlo Smart:

If you would like to read on how to setup Arlo Smart on your Arlo Security System, and some other helpful resources, check out these articles below:

If you have any questions about Arlo Smart, post down below and we'll get to you as soon as we can. If you need any more help on Arlo Smart or your Arlo Security System, visit Arlo Support for more information.

Check out Arlo Smart today with a 1-month free trial.

Thank you for being part of the Arlo family!

42 REPLIES 42
jdubbs413
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do we get the free trial of Arlo Smart Premier?  It says 9.99 at checkout.

JarheadTN
Guide
Guide

I see Arlo Smart on my App which I just updated and on my Browser feed. I am a Premier member. However, when I attempt to Manage Arlo Smart, no camera's appear. When I try to set up e911 and click that I agree to terms, it states I do not have the correct plan???

bl4scott
Initiate
Initiate

"When using cloud activity zones, your Arlo camera only records and notifies you when it detects motion inside of the activity zone. This feature ensures that you see what’s important and reduces the amount of unwanted alerts and recordings."

Please help me understand why when I setup an acitvity zone, I still receive notifications outside of the zone area.  The system still records ALL motion that is in view of the camera.  

colingwalker
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been trying to upgrade my free subscription to the Elite and keep getting errors saying 'the subscription service is down please try again later'

Is Arlo Smart and Paid subscription service available in the UK?

@AngeloM wrote:

Introducing Arlo Smart. Intelligence for your Arlo. Extra peace of mind for you. Arlo Smart adds intelligence to your Arlo cameras to give you a more personal and purposeful home security experience.

Want to learn more about Arlo Smart? Below you can find all the resources you'll need to know about Arlo Smart and how to set it up on your Arlo Security System. Check out these YouTube videos below:

Meet Arlo Smart:

Reduce Unwanted Notifications on Arlo Smart:

Enhanced Lock Screen Notifications on Arlo Smart:

Respond to Emergencies Quickly with e911 | Arlo Smart:

If you would like to read on how to setup Arlo Smart on your Arlo Security System, and some other helpful resources, check out these articles below:

If you have any questions about Arlo Smart, post down below and we'll get to you as soon as we can. If you need any more help on Arlo Smart or your Arlo Security System, visit Arlo Support for more information.

Check out Arlo Smart today with a 1-month free trial.

Thank you for being part of the Arlo family!

vmh64
Tutor
Tutor

I have six arlo lights split between two bridges.  All are working just fine but when I go to the "Manage Arlo Smart" screen three of the lights are not listed (all are connected to the same bridge), so I cannot access the Smart options for them.  Chat support did not provide any help.

Divvydave
Star
Star
Can you confirm if Arlo Smart is available in the UK? If not, you should really take it off the subscription options. It’s there in orange text underneath the normal package options. The only thing that indicates limited feature is the e911 being US only
DarthJedi
Guide
Guide

Cloud activity zones do not work and Person detection does not stop motion detection. I am getting way to many notifications. Being a software developer, I am curious to know how much testing in house and in the field was done before this service was released to the public. Right now I am on the 30 day trial but there is no way I am paying for this service in it's current working condition.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Divvydave,

Arlo Smart is currently available only in the US. An announcement will be made when it becomes available in other countries.

JamesC

DarthJedi
Guide
Guide

JamesC,

Can you address my issues with the performance of the new Smart features? They do not work as advertised. This is becoming a real problem because I am getting more notifications than I did before the Smart features were released. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DarthJedi,

Do you have the "Other" toggle switched off under your Arlo Smart settings for that camera? You can find this under Settings > Manage Arlo Smart > select desired camera > toggle off "Other". This will allow only "People" notifications to be sent.

JamesC

Divvydave
Star
Star
@JamesC you should speak to your Twitter team because they said the opposite
DarthJedi
Guide
Guide
JamesC,

The Other is off. I don’t mean to be rude but it is self explanatory to have Other toggled off. Just having Person on still triggers on motion. I get notified when cars go by. The videos are labeled Motion for when cars go by and Peron when it detects people. There is a problem that needs to be fixed.
Zegor
Star
Star

This new Arlo Smart release is so confusing! I'm in Australia and was first made aware of it as my Apple Arlo app was updated saying it now has this Arlo Smart feature. "Cool", I thought. So I Googled it and it indeed sounded awesome. I saw it had a free 1-month trial, so I signed up by following the links. Not only was I charged (no free trial!), but even though the subscription clearly states it includes Arlo Smart and the website indicates the only feature not available outside the USA is the e911 thing, it does not work. Support is not helpful - I've tried them twice. Twitter is saying it's not available outside USA, then saying it is available in all countries - https://twitter.com/ArloSmartHome/status/1005127461292503040 - what's going on!?

I love Arlo, but dealing with them can be really painful sometimes.

clintola1
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo smart has been out for over a week now and when I got to Settings > Manage Arlo Smart > It still isn't showing any cameras. Says no cameras found, while all of my cameras are perfectly functional. My subsription just says "Premier" but when I click on change plan it shows I have the "Arlo Smart Premier."  Why aren't my cameras showing up in the Manage Arlo Smart section? I don't have any of the "Smart" features as a result.

vmh64
Tutor
Tutor
I have the same exact problem, not all my equipment is showing as available in the SMART menu. Half my lights are not there. Other half of lights and my cameras are showing available for SMART settingsz
clintola1
Tutor
Tutor
Don't know if this will work for you, but I downgraded from the premiere subscription to basic then immediately upgraded back to Premiere and all of my cameras were made available and I was able to start accessing the smart features.
vmh64
Tutor
Tutor
If that is a solution then the company should be able to do that from the back end. Clearly it’s a programming problem. They asked me to undo my set up, pull all my batteries and start the setup all over. I have spent a lot of time fine tuning my system and I don’t want to lose all my work when I know the problem is not on my end. Did you end up paying premiere twice?
clintola1
Tutor
Tutor
I agree it's their problem. It seems like a glitch in their system and from what I read reference other people trying to deal with their tech support I didn't feel like waiting to see if my subscription would eventually update so I just did it myself. I didn't pay twice because it refunded me a prorated amount for my initial subscription then I started over when I resubscribd..
dan801
Star
Star
I’m in the same boat in Australia. I even got an email saying it was available. Logged in. Told me I could upgrade and would be a month free AND would get smart features. No months free got charged straight away and now been told too bad so sad it’s actually not available to you. Downgraded last week and still no refund on a yearly subscription. Scam
treebuilder
Apprentice
Apprentice

Two problems:

1) Every once in a while, I'll get a notification that I need to provide feedback to tell Arlo whether or not the area selected contains a person.  HOWEVER, there is no facility for correcting the system when it's not asking me, it's telling me it detected a person, and there's no person in the video.

E.g., there are alerts that tell me that Arlo THINKS it has detected a person, and I can go in and tell it whether it's a Person or Other.  But there are also alerts where Arlo tells me it HAS detected a person, and sometimes there's no person to be seen.

For an AI system, this sort of negative feedback is crucial to tune the system.  When it's misidentifying people, it needs to be told not just when it asks, but whenever it makes a mistake.  This needs to be fixed ASAP.

2) I have motion alerts disabled, but I'm still getting them.  I just want Person alerts on one of my cameras, but I'm getting both Person and Motion even though I have Motion alerts disabled for that camera.

clintola1
Tutor
Tutor

It took a few days, but I did get credited when I downgraded my subscription, but I live in the US. I don't believe it's a scam although folks outside of the US should've been told Smart wasn't going to be available to them. 

clintola1
Tutor
Tutor

Yeah, I noticed that too. Early on it would send me an alert confirming what it detected was a person, but occassionally it wil send me an alert saying it detected a person, but it's actually my dog. I feel like I should be able to notify arlo on every "person" alert whether or not they got it right, not just occassionally when they ask me.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

treebuilder,

We greatly appreciate your feedback, this will go a long way in helping us make Arlo Smart the best it can be. The engineering team is actively working on future enhancements for this feature to help users provide us with the information needed to improve detection.

JamesC

Digital247
Tutor
Tutor

Im also having this same issue. This was a big selling point and doesnt work as advertised. if this doesnt get fixed i will not be subscribing.