Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TSport
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I turn siren so it goes off if it see motion. As soon as I turn it on it just starts. I want to set it so it only goes off if there is motion.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@TSport wrote:

I have 3 cameras. I can only get one to work at a time with the siren.... is there a way to set up all three running at the same time to be set for the siren.

Add new rules for the cameras that do not sound the alarm.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Create a custom mode with the cameras you need, and then add the siren to sound as the additional rule

OR

when you say turn on the siren sounds, are you hitting the icon or setting the siren on in the current mode ( you prob need to edit the mode )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
TSport
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do most see Mode/rules only Mode....When I go into mode it just gives me the option armed (motion and audio detection on) which I have it on... the siren goes on as soon as I turn it to on...not when there is a motion only

Other options are disarmed/schedule/geofencing and Add a Mode

when I go to add a motion cause I thought maybe I could add for the siren to only go off when there is a motion.... it doesn’t give options, just a space for me to type.

TSport
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, figured out how to make rules in mode and got siren working to motion....only thing is now.... I have 3 cameras. I can only get one to work at a time with the siren.... is there a way to set up all three running at the same time to be set for the siren.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@TSport wrote:

I have 3 cameras. I can only get one to work at a time with the siren.... is there a way to set up all three running at the same time to be set for the siren.

Add new rules for the cameras that do not sound the alarm.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
TSport
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks!