Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Have Pro 2 6-camera bundle. Will 6th camera be deactivated when I buy subscription for 5 cameras?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Highlighted
Tutor
Tutor

Hallo,
This is probably a stupid question so please don't laugh.
Currently I have Arlo pro 2 six camera set working on the free plan. All cameras are activated and working fine.
I wanted to subscribe to Arlo's $9.99 plan for 5 cameras. (Actually I only need that plan for 4 cameras but since the plan is for 5 then I have no choice.) Now the scary part: I'm afraid that if I buy plan for 5 cameras then my currently active 6th camera will be deactivated.
Does this make sense?
Please advise. Thank you.

Model: VMC4030P | Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Camera
Highlighted
Guru Guru
Guru

That's an excellent quetion. I would _think_ there would be no loss of the 6th camera but Arlo would need to confirm.  What about just purchasing the individual camera plans rather than the full plan?

Highlighted
Tutor
Tutor

Plan for individual cameras not good in my case. Four cameras times $2.99 = $12.00 vs $9.99 for five.

I wonder if anybody from Arlo will answer my question.

Thanks

Highlighted
Guru Guru
Guru

You can always use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

@JamesC , @ShayneS , @JessicaP ?

Highlighted
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi JacekN,

The 6th camera will be inactive if you do buy the Arlo Smart Premier Plan for up to 5 cameras. You will need to purchase the single camera plan for the sixth camera. After 5 cameras, you'll get 50% off each on additional camera. You can see more about it here: Arlo Smart

Highlighted
Tutor
Tutor

What?
Let me get it straight. I have purchased a set of six cameras in store and activated all six cameras. All six cameras are active and working at this time.Now you telling me that if I purchase plan for 5 cameras, you are going to deactivate my currently working camera that is a part of the set I have payed for????????????????? Is this a joke or something?? Explain this!

Highlighted
Tutor
Tutor

Here is something for you to think about:
Imagine this:
You both 4 brand new tires and one new spare tire for your car in the tire store.
You then both tire protection insurance for 4 tires.
At this moment the sales manager of the tire store opens your trunk and takes your spare tire back because you both protection plan for 4 tires only! Does this make sense to you?

Highlighted
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I believe she meant sixth would be inactive from smart plan your talking about not free 7 day  storage for Pro2.  The 6th should still have free 7 day. Also the 5 cam plan would make sense and be about the same as buying 4 individual plans like you said you wanted in original post. If you could not use the sixth at all I could see your point. 

Highlighted
Tutor
Tutor

That's the problem. We can only "believe" what she meant. Her answer is scary and unclear. Obviously the sixth camera should not be included in the 5 camera smart plan but it has to remain active and fully operational on free plan. I'm afraid that I will not be able to use the sixth at all.

I hope she will clarify that.

Highlighted
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Let me get someone to help you with this further. I'll reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation