Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Have Pro 2 6-camera bundle. Will 6th camera be deactivated when I buy subscription for 5 cameras?

Discussion stats
  • 37 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
JacekN
Tutor
Tutor

Hallo,
This is probably a stupid question so please don't laugh.
Currently I have Arlo pro 2 six camera set working on the free plan. All cameras are activated and working fine.
I wanted to subscribe to Arlo's $9.99 plan for 5 cameras. (Actually I only need that plan for 4 cameras but since the plan is for 5 then I have no choice.) Now the scary part: I'm afraid that if I buy plan for 5 cameras then my currently active 6th camera will be deactivated.
Does this make sense?
Please advise. Thank you.

37 REPLIES 37
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's an excellent quetion. I would _think_ there would be no loss of the 6th camera but Arlo would need to confirm.  What about just purchasing the individual camera plans rather than the full plan?

JacekN
Tutor
Tutor

Plan for individual cameras not good in my case. Four cameras times $2.99 = $12.00 vs $9.99 for five.

I wonder if anybody from Arlo will answer my question.

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can always use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

@JamesC , @ShayneS , @JessicaP ?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi JacekN,

The 6th camera will be inactive if you do buy the Arlo Smart Premier Plan for up to 5 cameras. You will need to purchase the single camera plan for the sixth camera. After 5 cameras, you'll get 50% off each on additional camera. You can see more about it here: Arlo Smart

JacekN
Tutor
Tutor

What?
Let me get it straight. I have purchased a set of six cameras in store and activated all six cameras. All six cameras are active and working at this time.Now you telling me that if I purchase plan for 5 cameras, you are going to deactivate my currently working camera that is a part of the set I have payed for????????????????? Is this a joke or something?? Explain this!

JacekN
Tutor
Tutor

Here is something for you to think about:
Imagine this:
You both 4 brand new tires and one new spare tire for your car in the tire store.
You then both tire protection insurance for 4 tires.
At this moment the sales manager of the tire store opens your trunk and takes your spare tire back because you both protection plan for 4 tires only! Does this make sense to you?

dcfox1
Master
Master

I believe she meant sixth would be inactive from smart plan your talking about not free 7 day  storage for Pro2.  The 6th should still have free 7 day. Also the 5 cam plan would make sense and be about the same as buying 4 individual plans like you said you wanted in original post. If you could not use the sixth at all I could see your point. 

JacekN
Tutor
Tutor

That's the problem. We can only "believe" what she meant. Her answer is scary and unclear. Obviously the sixth camera should not be included in the 5 camera smart plan but it has to remain active and fully operational on free plan. I'm afraid that I will not be able to use the sixth at all.

I hope she will clarify that.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me get someone to help you with this further. I'll reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Egg21
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is exactly what happened to me.  I have the 6 camera system, setup and working with free recording for over a year.  I signed up for the multi-camera plan.  Immediately, the 6th camera is listed as inactive and requiring a subscription.  What's crazy is that I didn't need to sign-up for a plan at all -and all 6 cameras were working fine.  Please help - this doesn't make sense.

JacekN
Tutor
Tutor

Unbelievable!. Here is my story:

Sometime in June, Jessica opened a case for me to answer my question. Some ignorant from customer service contacted me via private massage with some stupid and unrelated questions! And then they shut up and I have never heard from them again. They never answered my question. I did not buy their stupid subscription and all my 6 cameras are working fine on free plan. All I know is that I will never buy anything from them again. To all who read this thread: DO NOT BUY SUBSCRIPTION PLAN FOR 5 CAMERAS IF YOU HAVE 6 CAMERA SYSTEM WORKING ON FREE PLAN. THEY WILL DEACTIVATE YOUR SIXTH CAMERA! THIS IS A TRAP TO SCREW YOU FOR A MONEY!

Glennkinger
Tutor
Tutor

The support with Arlo was rude and worthless.  I bought a 6 camera system and they only allow 5 cameras to work.   It clearly states on the box that all 6 have cloud storage.   The lady was rude with customer support and not very helpful.   I will check with Amazon and see what they say  before returning it and getting another brand.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have to choose the right model to get the free plan for all 6 cameras. Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. Create a new account with a second email address and set up the system again.

Glennkinger
Tutor
Tutor

Been there, done that, got the T shirt.   So would the right model include all six cameras on the box stating that all 6 have cloud storage.   Why would Arlo package 6 cameras together and only allow 5 to work.   ?????    Would this not be considered fraudulent. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to see if they can help.

DOTTAT
Apprentice
Apprentice
Best part is that I just found out when the trial dies you are back in the same boat. Also, nothing from the app works after the trial expires. Not even live view! Even when on the same network as the cameras. So with 6 cameras you will need a paid 5 camera plan plus a single camera plan in order to use after the trial. What a rip off.

Oh and btw, it's in the faqs now they limited the "legacy" 7 day free cloud recording to 5 cameras. No matter what. If you want the 6th, the faqs state you need to purchase a new plan for ALL cameras.

This company is so far disconnected from their customers in the worst time ever it's insane. As people start to find this out arlo will be going out of a lot of folks setup.
DOTTAT2
Guide
Guide

So i did what was stated above.. ditched my old account and created a new.. Stuck with 5 of 6 cameras.  I get on with support and they too tell me i'm limited to 5 cameras on the trial and then have to pick a plan.

Guess what ARLO? 

The system i purchased came with 6 cameras and states on all four sides of the box that 7 day free cloud recordings are included "without a contract or monthy fee"  (provided to support as well).

So the original poster is right in what he posted.  Bait and switch this was.  Arlo needs to own up to their own marketing and promises and make this right instead of attempting to force the new plans onto the folks who bought their last models.  When this change finally hit me today it bricked all 6 cameras (even for live view) until purchased a plan.

Legal action may be our only recourse as consumer protection laws cover this. 

I was told they had no options to make this right via support.

DOTTAT2
Guide
Guide

oh and I should note that my 6th camera is presently LOCKED OUT of being used until a plan is added.  No live view.

Arlo doesn't have a legal leg to stand on here. I have the original packaging.

DOTTAT2
Guide
Guide

Front of 6 camera system box stating free cloud recording.

Can't imagine they would have sold these had they said "you can use the 6th camera only if you pay us for a camera plan".

and yes.. i spent hours on with support as well.

DOTTAT2
Guide
Guide

This is true... mine came off a trial and all SIX cameras shutdown. Not even live view was visible.

I was able to create a new account and get 5 of the 6 working again but my 6th camera is now worthless.  No live view even.  I think they miscalculated on this one and forgot about the 6 camera system folks.  I have the original packaging of my six camera setup which states free cloud recording for 7 days all over it.  No where does it say they will deactivate the 6th camera and make you pay to use it. 

I have opened a support case for escalation but I can tell based on consumer protection laws I will have zero problems making ARLO either buy this system back from me or fix their cloud plan issues that only they created.   

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Selling-a-6-camera-kit-on-Amazon-and-only-allowing-5-camera...

DOTTAT2
Guide
Guide
Glennkinger
Tutor
Tutor

Lets sell a 6 camera package and only allow 5 of them to work.   Genius until someone shows you the box and it states all 6 should work.   I am working on contacting a class action lawyer today and I will keep everyone updated.   FRAUD at its best.   arlo1.jpgarlo2.jpgArlo3.png

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

TMK, all six camera sets come with a special code during setup to allow all 6 to function.

Contact Support re issues

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Glennkinger
Tutor
Tutor

I contacted  customer service and they said they could not help and were extremely RUDE.    Any suggestions ?