Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
bambar
Tutor
Tutor

I'm a big Arlo fan and quickly upgraded from 2 cameras to buying four more, and I plan to purchase a couple more in the next months.

However

I was able to add upto 5 cameras fine, and now that I am trying to add the 6th camera, I need to purchase the subscription.

No matter what I try to do - whether trying to access form the website, from the phone, from the laptop, trying different browsers - the 'purchase subscription' page is always empty.

On my mobile phone, when I click the 'Subscribe Now' through the Arlo app, I am presented no options to purchase, just shown the 'Single Cam' or 'Multi Cam' plan option but nothing appears and no plan to select or add to cart or continue to payment.

Has anyone experienced this problem?

How can I purchase a subscription to add my 6th cam?  

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not all countries can get subscriptions - check the FAQ here to see if yours is listed. Where do you live?

bambar
Tutor
Tutor
I'm a Canadian citizen living in Germany. And will be moving around countries every year or so...

From what I've seen, I should be able to access the plans and purchase them.. correct?
dcfox1
Master
Master

Have you tried the web page for smart plans you should be able to add a one cam plan for the sixth cam. 

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/landing/arlosmart/default.aspx

Arlo states Europe so I assume Germany But here is link to countries since you move around. 

https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For the record, the subs all depend on what country you live in when you set up the system and what credit card you use. So, if you have already set up the system in Canada and use a Canadian card, you should be all set. Just don't reset your system.

bambar
Tutor
Tutor
@dcfox1 I have tried the link you provided. I click to 'Subscribe' on the plan, and it takes me to an empty page which just says 'No Subscription'... attaching the image
bambar
Tutor
Tutor
@jguerdat I purchased my first two cameras from Amazon, set up the system first at home in Canada, and never used a credit card as it was free (started with 2 cams and did not need to use the credit card). Then I moved to Dubai, then Germany. At no point did I ever use a credit card.

Right now no matter what I do I cant seem to subscribe using the app or website...
See attached image when I click 'Subscribe now'through the app... takes me to an empty page..
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would seem to be a display issue unless there's something built into the backend now that detects the different location from the original. Are you using a VPN? If so, disable it. Otherwise, all I can suggest is to use the Contact Support link at the bottom here. Be sure to use a Canadian credit card if it ever gets going.

bambar
Tutor
Tutor

@jguerdat I just realized something based on what you said... I may have actually set up the system during my time in Dubai, before moving out... However, no credit card was ever used as I was always in the 'free' zone below 6 cameras. 

Are you saying that it would have detected that my first setup was done in Dubai, even if no credit card was used?

If so, maybe I should just delete the account and re-setup a new one here in Germany?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's my understanding that the original country that the system was set up in is the one used to determine eligibility for subscriptions. If you really did set up in Dubai, that would be the issue. I would think that removing the system from the existing account and creating a new account with a different email address now that you're in Germany would fix the issue. Of course, I believe you'll also have to use a German credit card from now on.