Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Carl-reuter
Tutor
Tutor
Why was I upgraded to Arlo Smart eith the May 21, 2019 upgrade? I have not asked for it and I am pretty sure that Arlo will either let me pay for it or hinder me from getting back to the free subscription. Anyone?
40 REPLIES 40
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can purchase the Smart subscription without Premier or Elite. Have you previously purchased any subscription? What are you trying to do - just add the cameras to the free plan?

B2R
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for replying. I haven’t purchased or signed up for any free trial plan. Just wanting to verify that the plan on Arlo app showing I have Smart Plan is the free plan .
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Should be. You can also start stepping through the Subscription section as if you were going to change. Don't worry, you'll get prompts before actually submitting. Just back/close out.

ArloUserTexas
Aspirant
Aspirant

I hate when they make changes having to do with my credit card info. 

Go to your Arlo Account, then Settings > Subscription, then Cancel.  I just chatted with them and they showed me how to do it.  This will remove you from the Arlo Smart Premier plan and place you back on the basic plan, which will be considered as "No Subscription".  If you have any issues, go into the chat feature and discuss with them and they will assist.  Have a great day!

asarin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here. I purchased an Arlo Q and set it up yesterday. I did not subscribe to any plan and did not agree to subscribe to any plan. The my.arlo.com website shows that I do not have a subscription plan, but the Arlo app on my iPhone and iPad show my subscription as “Arlo Smart”. I spoke with customer service yesterday who made me uninstall and reinstall my apps but it did not change anything. They then asked me to email them screenshots of the said discrepancy and to call back the next day.

A related question: are motion and sound detection part of the basic (no subscription) plan? Or do those only come with the “smart” plans? Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While there may be a month's free plan for you, I wouldn't worry about it as long as they don't have a way to charge you. You can always take the camera out of the Smart settings (deactivate it).

Motion and audio detection have nothing to do with Smart. They're available regardless of plan.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @asarin

What Device/Model?OS are you using? Do you happen to have a screenshot of this issue?

Australien
Luminary
Luminary
I had same issue before but then Arlo fixed it somehow. The Chat was useless, but some Mods here worked it out to understand and fix the problem. Never sign up for Arlo Smart, paging for a faulty service which should be better than the base plan but it isn’t.
Australien
Luminary
Luminary
It’s not a new issue. Had that weeks ago and it disappeared after nearly 2 weeks. I’m disappointed about Arlo not trying to fix the problem ASAP.
skg2007
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same problem with smart subscription plan showing in my IOS app but not allowing me to access the features and in the web im seeing "No Arlo Smart Plan Yet". I haven't upgraded my subscription and have just set up from brand new just a couple days ago. All devices, app and phone are latest firmware and up-to-date. Screenshots attached.

phone screen.PNGweb screen.png

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @skg2007

I have a few questions for you.

What version of the Arlo Mobile App are you using?

What Device/Phone/Model/OS are you using?

skg2007
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo app details
skg2007
Aspirant
Aspirant

Phone details Apple iPhone X

Grapes4621
Tutor
Tutor

This auto upgrade to Arlo Smart IS happening in IOS as well! I never signed up for it..and do not want it...so what do we do?

Grapes4621
Tutor
Tutor

PLEASE DO look into this auto upgrade that shows on our mobile devices! Why do you do this when most families are on vacation on and off in the summer...when we’d like to have the security cameras 100% working??? Same thing happened last year...with your horrible firmware update that ate up battery life at warp speed.  Stop messing with it and let us go back to the free plan!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

A fix was deployed that should resolve this issue. Please let us know if you're still experiencing this behavior.