Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 36 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
underdog2003
Star
Star
I have my Arlo pro 2 filter set to persons alert, and when it actually detects a person and alerts me, the video of the incident is nowhere to be found. However, the snapshot indicating the capture of the video is present on my devices display but when I look in the library there is no actual video. Other motion videos are storing just fine. Anyone having a similar issue? Any remedies?
36 REPLIES 36
FlCottage
Star
Star

Yes, experiencing the same issue. I tested the motion this morning by walking past the camera since I found no videos this morning. The camera took a snapshot of me but NO video!  I had an activity zone set for this camera that has been working prior to now.  At least it kind of works! I have noticed that the zone looks different on my pc web login than my ios and tweaking the zone position is frustrating and time consuming. It is also frustrating that motion occuring outside the zone tends to drain the battery - so are the zones really working? It is also very frustrating that you are limited to the shapes of the zones. I am using the Arlo Pro2 - haven't tested Arlo Pro at this time but will shortly.

FlCottage
Star
Star

**UPDATE** Seconds after posting my reply...the Arlo Pro2 recorded it's first video in about 12-15 hours or more.

piedmoose
Star
Star

I have been having the same problem for over a week.  I receive alerts on my phone that a persion is detected, and the highlighted picture is available, but when I go to the library, the videos are often absent.  This AM, I had two notifications and no videos recorded.  The snapshot image of the camera showed the person on it.  This is very frustrating and defeats the point of the cameras if they aren't recording everything they detect.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Push notifications arrive immediately upon motion detection, the video will only arrive in the library once the recording has completed. This means if you immediately go to the library upon receiving a push notification, you won't likely see a recorded event immediately. Do the videos show up after a short wait?

JamesC

piedmoose
Star
Star
They never show up. I’ve checked days later and they aren’t there. I haven’t checked to see if they are recorded on the local usb drive.
piedmoose
Star
Star

I had motion notifications from last night, but no videos in the library that correspond to that time..  I’m going to cancel the smart service as it is making my cameras less than useful.

piedmoose
Star
Star

ryanking
Guide
Guide

Having same problem, just cancelled my free trial and went back to basic.

bhankiii
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same issue.  When motion is detected, everything is fine and I get recordings.  When a person is detected, I get the push notification on my phone, but no video is recorded (no matter how long I wait).  If I tap the notification, I will see the snapshot appear on the DEVICES page of the app, but no video.  I have both the PEOPLE and OTHER buttons ON in the ARLO SMART tab for each of my cameras.  So it seems like I'm paying extra for not being able to record people.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bhankiii,

Consider a base station reboot, do you still experience the same behavior when testing after the reboot?

JamesC

ryanking
Guide
Guide
I cancelled trial before trying to reboot. If the service would have continued for the month I would have.
bhankiii
Aspirant
Aspirant

I haven't tried a reboot - my system is at a rental in another town, but I did notice that today the problem seems to have fixed itself.

DoriJC
Luminary
Luminary

Same problem here.  Happened on the very night someone tried to get into my car.  Two hours later it recorded me checking my car.

DoriJC
Luminary
Luminary

Found it on my USB drive.  At least with the screen capture I knew someone had been at my car, but had I not been home, the USB drive would not have done me any good.

DoriJC
Luminary
Luminary

Same problem again lasr night.  I have done a reboot and still not recording.

bhankiii
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cycled the power on the base station and I'm still recording motion events but not person events.

bhankiii
Aspirant
Aspirant

Screenshot 2018-07-22 18.56.05.pngtempFileForShare_2018-07-22-18-56-20.jpg 

I've attached a couple of screen shots, on from my phone, one from my PC.  You can see there are some missing from the PC (6:33, 6:49)

bhankiii
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm cancelling my Arlo Smart subscription until this gets worked out - I can't afford to not be recording activity.

Dionysius
Apprentice
Apprentice

I posted the same issues 2 days ago.  I have talked with costumer support twice now and no fix.   My cameras are only 2 months old and should not be having these issues.  I have already had a stranger at my door this week and guess what!!  No video!!!  Just a notification.   This is unacceptable.   I have rebooted the system, removed the cameras and reinstalled them.  Taken the battery out and then put it back in.  Nothing fixes it.  If they cant fix this, I want all my money back.  This is a faulty system.

Dionysius
Apprentice
Apprentice
Anybody cancel their subscription and notice the problem resolved? Please let us know. I am ready to cancel my subscription ASAP.
piedmoose
Star
Star
Yes. I cancelled my service and am getting everything I expect.
bhankiii
Aspirant
Aspirant

Me too.  I like plus features, especially the screen shot on my lock screen, but I can't afford not to be recording everything.  I'll try again in a few months and see if they've fixed the problem.

Dionysius
Apprentice
Apprentice

So I called the customer support for the 4th time and got someone that knew more than me about the cameras.  He had me switch the record video time from record until activity stops to a set time.  I changed it to 120 secs but 30secs etc will work  Since then my camera has captured every motion.  The notifications match the video recordings in the library.  When I asked him why this smart feature would screw up the whole system, he told me he could not talk about it until he reached out to someone higher than him.  I repeatedly asked the question but he said he would look to see if others were having the same issues.  I told him to just read the community site.  It is obvious he knew there was a problem.  I just wish companies would be honest about their screw ups and just fix it.  

bhankiii
Aspirant
Aspirant

That sounds promising.  Please try it for a week or two and come back and let us know.